It's expensive to be a JW

by startingover 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My husbands suits have that same little film of dust on the shoulders. I haven't had to buy dressy clothes for a while now. I have a few casual skirts etc that I wear to work, but it's mostly slacks I wear to the office anyways. I now hate to wear pantyhose!! (Not that I ever really liked to but before I didn't have a choice.) My mom - a faithful JW has recently stopped buying a new outfit for all the normal JW occasions - Memorial, DA,CA, SAD etc. She says why bother anymore? Good for her! She has more clothes than I could ever wear in two years.

BB

• Woofer
    Woofer

Also think of the savings when buying a car . . you don't need to buy the big 4-door car for service or the van.

You can buy an economical 2-door if you wanted!

• MissBehave
    MissBehave
    You can buy an economical 2-door if you wanted!

Or a big ass truck with 39" super swampers.

• towanda
    towanda

Dear Gentlemen...I concurr with the ladies, there is no such thing as too many black shoes or jcrew deliveries. You sound like a lovely man to care for his wife so well, I saw many women in my old hall go without. Good job...

I think about all the money we spent funding parties and showers and weddings. I was always asked to arrange the flowers for everyones weddings, and even if they paid for the flowers, the extras were always pretty pricey. I also had a soft spot for starving pioneers ( I lasted one year with them, and either had to get off the list or throw myself off a bridge..;) so we took them clothes shopping and bought them new bookbags and left ananyomous gifts in there cars. I don't regret helping them, what a horrid life, but my gift giving budget is much more under control since I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit