Jews 4 Jesus....Do they believe and what do they believe.

by RevFrank 11 Replies latest jw friends

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Many years ago I started talking to the jewish community. And a part of my heritage, I have jewish blood flowing through me, also. But that's not importanbt at the moment..what is, is that do the jews believe as a christian?.... Well for one thing, the only thing that seperates us is the idenity of who is the Messiah. That's quite clear. So over the years I've known those who became believers, yet many witnesses, mormons, and so forth insist that they don't believe in a trinity. Instead of trying to explain, I' ll let them do the talking.......... http://www.jewsforjesus.org/about/statementoffaith PEACE

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

http://www.jewsforjesus.org/about/statementoffaith Sorry about that link....I think this one will work

• RevFrank
  • The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I don't know what that "statement of faith" is all about, but Jews never accepted Jesus as the messiah, they are still waiting his first coming, while Christians are waiting his second coming.

That “statement of faith” seems to say that Jews accept Jesus as the messiah, I will greatly question that website, it doesn’t speak for the Jewish faith.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

That site could have being written by a small group of Jews who have become christians, there are Jews who have become JW's too.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Jews for Jesus are a group of Messianic Jews that now believe that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Messiah spoken of in the Torah & Tanakh. They are not part of the three major sects currently within Judaism.

The statement of faith applies only to Jews for Jesus. It, in no waise, should be construed as speaking for the entire religion of Judaism.

• inquirer
    inquirer

The Lone Ranger,

Yeah, use to know a family that were Jewish. I met up with their father about 5 years ago and he told me he doesn't believe in all that JW stuff anymore. I still believed at that time, but didn't shun him! He was in my brother's (my sibling brother)house anyway. Still would have spoken to him regardless of where this Jewish person was! But anyway, I think I got the impression his family didn't believe in it anymore either.

I am pretty certain that there are Jewish people in Bethel too. There are almost 2 million Jewish people in New York (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jew) -- so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of them in Bethel.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

There is very large group of Jews who have accepted Jesus as Messiah. (All of the first believers were Jewish) Today they often refer to themselves as Messianic Jews. Many of them blend traditions of the Jewish faith, with their Christian beliefs. I have known many and there are several Messianic Temples in Southern California. Many today were raised Jewish, then converted to Christianity, thus the name, Messianic Jews.

They often will engage in many Jewish functions such as marching in a Holocaust Memorial walk for peace etc. Although they may hold on to some of the law, such as Kosher food, keeping the Sabbath, observing Festivals, they do not believe it is necessary for salvation. They believe that Jesus paid the price in full and that He is Jehovah manifest in the flesh.

• z
    z

The Society for the Advancement of Nazarene Judaism
    (Netzari Yehudim)

http://www.nazarene.net/index.htm

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, I subscribe to the Jews for Jesus monthly newsletter and I thoroughly enjoy reading it........I think I've always been somewhat attracted to Judaism rather than mainstream Christianity.....probably because Jesus and his early disciples were all Jews and he never told them to abandon their faith............I've never believed the doctrine of the Trinity, so it's really hard trying to find a religion somewhere inbetween Judaism and Christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit