JW's and sickness

by Honesty 23 Replies latest jw friends

• lucky
    lucky

I remember there was this one pioneer sister in my hall with "chemical" allergies and our hall was tiny (no second hall), so basically the whole congregation was banned from wearing perfume either at meetings or out in service. Well, one of the young elder's wives one day in service nearly got into a fist fight with this pioneer sister because the pioneer accused her of being insensitive because she was clearly wearing perfume and the pioneer sister was going to have to go home for the day because she was so sick. In actuality, the elder's wife was wearing an essential oil from the health food store with no chemicals. Everyone had some second thoughts about the perfume ban after that.

• metatron
    metatron

Read "The Biology of Belief". It isn't about mold or multiple personalities or 'how far we are from original perfection'.

It's about pushing your body into self destruction! I am utterly convinced that these illnesses - so frequently reported among

Jehovah's Witnesses - are the product of a guilt-ridden, negative and fanatical way of life. After I gave up being an elder and a publisher,

my health improved, my immunity rose and most of my depression lifted.

These poor suffering Witnesses aren't listening to the message their bodies are sending, "STOP THIS! I hate this way of life!

I want to do something else! I need escape!" They aren't faking - after a while of this negative thinking, the body responds

with many and varied illnesses.

metatron

• greendawn
    greendawn

Common sense and science tell us that stress gnaws at the body and reduces the strength of the immune system that fights off diseases. It's not surprising if a chronically stressed person becomes ill more often.

They have such a heartless, unloving and cold environment and god help them.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Metatron,

That was a great post. Extremely thougtful.

thanks

u

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit