Re: Trinity confusing ?

by A Paduan 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I have seen and read various pieces of WT work stating how christendom's "Trinity" is a thoroughly confusing vague mathematically impossible unattainable concept of illusion.

How come ? It's a very basic concept.

Like asking "how can one person have the authority of the governing body if they aren't THE governing body all at the same time ?"

True or not, it's ridiculous to try and make an argument of confusion out of it.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Trinity could be best explained by the ice on a frying pan concept.

You place a block of ice on a frying pan, all of a sudden you see a bunch of water, a smaller block of ice and a bunch of steam.

The steam and the water came from that same block of ice. The ice isn't steam, and the steam isn't ice, but it's the same block of ice. The water isn't ice either. You can drink the water but the water isn't the ice, but yet it came from the ice. It doesn't have the properties of ice.

That's how the trinity was explained by me. However, arguing about the trinity is like arguing if Hercules had 2 swords or one.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I think that may even lend weight to the confusion argument

-------------------------------------

Three people are of the same mind - isn't that basic ?

• Shazard
    Shazard

That is usual JW tactics. Asking questions and then answering, or asking questions requiring answer in some specific form. Once one JW Elder (are they all so stupud?) asked me to explain trinity using family example. I answered him that trinity is not understood in terms of our people family but in terms of Godhead. He didn't liked answer. Coz I explained trinity very clearly. He was not able to refute examples that something one can be something three at the same time and still be one. (Water, Space, Time, Different translations of the same book etc.) They represent trinity as straw man and what they do all the time is refuting their own understanding of trinity which has nothing to do with real Trinity. So what they are doing is - fighting air.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    I explained trinity very clearly.

If you did, you are the first person in history to do so. Books on the Trinity state that the teaching cannot be explained clearly in human terms.

• Shazard
    Shazard

fjtoth what I meant is I explained how something one can be three and still be one. Ofcourse nature of God is not possible to explain in terms of human mind. But dubs are not able to accept even illustration of trinity (which I told clear) if it suggests that dubs are wrong. Their usual answer is "my mind can't understand it, and God is not God of confusion, so it can't be".

• inquirer
    inquirer

Well why don't people pray and call "God" Jesus? I've never heard people address him as Jesus, only as Lord or God...

I've never heard people say "Oh Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit" when addressing God either!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

inq,

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that prayers should be offered to the Trinity, to the Father, to the Son, to the Holy Spirit, to Mary, to angels and to saints. The Eastern Orthodox Church teaches similarly. In many Protestant churches prayers are offered to the Trinity, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as well as to the Father. In many hymnbooks, hymns containing prayers are addressed to the Trinity or to its members.

• inquirer
    inquirer

fjtoth,

In my opinion it seems like "Orthodox Christians" (Particularly Catholics) are not specific of who they pray to! Why can't it be simplified and just say: Pray to Mary... or Pray to Jesus? Er... Seems weird if you pray to Mary and or Jesus. Why not just pray to Mary since she is God's mother? :) She is (sic) superior to the father because she "mothers God..." I don't know just being philosophical about it. I wasn't brought up Catholic, it's hard for me to understand totally.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I don't want to get into a heated debate about this, just expressing my views...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit