update on DF

by DigitalFokus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

Hey everyone. Its been a while since i have posted here. I finally made the big move and am no longer in Minneapolis. I am officially a resident of Albert lea. I have been here for 3 weeks and for the most part they have been kind of rough, but hey what move doesn't suck.

I have seen my little boy at least 3 times a week and have got to spend some quality time with him. so that is a major plus!!! Also i have been spending time with all the family I haven't seen much in the 11 years of absence from the area.

I have to admit though..it has really been hard on me finacially but I have been working with my brother building his house so that has helped me with funding and i had forgotten how much i really enjoyed working with my hands and doing framing, tile, plumbing and all that jazz. We put in some crazy long hours but thats ok, i am working with my brother so the hours just fly by as we catch up the time we have missed. I am really proud of him.

I had my main job interview on friday and got the job! I will be working with Adults and minors in a residential setting that are DD and have extreme behaviors. I was also surprised to get more than i asked for in the $$$$ catagory...always a perk.

all in all it has been positive so far..just gets lonely now and then. All of my friends are in Minneapolis and while family is great. Minneapolis was still my home and I feel homesick from time to time.

The main thing is that I am seeing my boy and we are making up for lost time!

DF

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Happy that your move has gone well and sorry that you miss your friends. Soon, you will be making new ones and you can add them to your collection. Mostly though you will get to be even closer to your little boy. Nothing better in the world than that. Congratulations on the job and the move. Good luck

Loruhamah

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

Hey , hang in there man, you can at least keep in touch with us on the pc.

Your a Dad now , your little boy needs you , so happy things are looking up,

You must have a heart of gold to be where you are!!!!

• luna2
    luna2

It sounds like you are doing really well, DF!

Moves are hard...at least I've found them so. Perhaps you can make plans to go back to Minneapolis every so often to keep in touch with your friends there. I'm sure you will soon have a circle of friends in your new town too.

Its wonderful that you are seeing your son so often now. You are a good dad.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi DF, you'll make new friends there, just give it time. You know, there's always the KH.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

HOWDY DF!! been wondering where you've been....

I'm so glad you are settling in with your little boy so well. Moving is always such an adjustment - give it time. Sounds like the work thing has worked out better than expected also! cool for you!

anyhow, I look forward to more of your presence around here when you have the time again...

-freedomlover

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus
    Hi DF, you'll make new friends there, just give it time. You know, there's always the KH.

yeah, i am sick off all these worldy peeps. and they are so much more trusting and loving people when you under mind control..LOL i should stop in for a meeting and just walk around saying hi to people. and when i am shunned..just push it. saying " hey, I am talking to you"

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thanks for the update, DF. Been wondering how things were going for you. It's great you get to see your kid so much now

Congrats on the job Here's hoping you make some great new friends soon and are also able to stay in touch with the old ones...

~Merry

• xjwms
    xjwms

Nice update

thanks

Sounds like you are doing well......always good to hear a "positive" now and then.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

oh yeah, my lady friend upgraded our status to BF/GF status too..so i am not longer single and yes..I "broke in" the new place already..heheh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit