I gave Blood today...

by zeroday 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    When I donate blood, I have the fantasy that my apostate, pagan blood may be the blood that flows thru some JW!!!

I have the same fantasy when I donate my pint of B- every 56 days.

That would be the utimate for me... my blood saving the life of a person who is repulsed because I openly confess Jesus as my God now instead of worshipping the FDS.

• Clam
    Clam

Great stuff Zeroday. It's a good feeling isn't it.

I am curious though, if the JW's now allow fractions who do they expect to give blood so that they can live?

Exactly. Making use of stored blood they no longer actually "abstain from blood" - If it wasn't so lethal it would be funny.

• lilybird
    lilybird

I found it fascinating when the nurse was hooking me up for to give blood.. there were 3 different bags and how the blood is separated into different parts and she explained how the different parts of the blood were used, She said my one donation could help several people.. It was a great feeling..to be able to help in a small way.. I am going to go again in June..

• Cindyrenee
    Cindyrenee

After working the ER for many years, the nursing profession thanks all that give blood

As a RN at a busy hospital, I adminsiter several transfusions weekly, and the blood you give does save lives. Thank you. I remember the feelings I had when I transfused someone for the first time. It was like I was scared the blood was going to escape from the bag and attack me or something. Messed up. Anyway, you did a good thing.

• JAVA
    JAVA

As already stated -- Way to go, zeroday!
    Giving blood is a great way to help others and it's a sign that the Watchtower Society has no control over a person doing good things. We can now count the number of units given instead of the hours required by a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit