Scriptures You Will Not Hear At The 2-04-06 Church Sermon.

by scout575 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    God will continue to love you regardless of what you think of Him.

So, is what you are saying, Kate, is that the whole fruit of divine love is mine, even though I am not a Christian, and do not even acknowledge any reality or existence to the deities presented by the Bible? Are you saying the final outcome is to be no different for you and I then?

j

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    If that was indeed what we find described then I would agree with the conclusion your point for musing leads to. I find, rather, that those who are rejected are the very ones who choose to oppress and limit their fellowman—among which people you will find many of almost any belief structure.

Yes, Auldsoul, you are probably correct if we were to look at each individual reference to love, in the NT. I guess my statement was aimed more at the depth of divine love expressed within the pages of the Bible. Is God's love as expressed in the Bible. so real and pure as to effect even me who believe in no deities?

Respectfully, to you as well, friend.

j

• tmo1965
    tmo1965

JamesThomas,

If God allowed evil people into heaven, people like Hitler, murderers, theives, etc., wouldn't heaven end up just like earth is now? I don't believe that God takes any pleasure in condemning anyone to hell. It's a necessity for the benefit of those who accept God's way out of this mess we humans are in now. I don't know why it has to be that way. There is so much that we don't know yet and will never know until we get to heaven.

I believe it to be pure arrogance and pride to refuse God's way of escape. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• scout575
    scout575

Apostate Kate: You say: "( The Bible ) is far too deep a book to take a few Scriptures and say that these Scriptures negate that there is ANYTHING GOOD to be learned from it." I couldn't agree more. I have been reading the Bible for over two decades, and still do, even though I'm no longer a JW. I find that there is much in it that is helpful and inspiring. My reason for posting the above texts is to point out that there is also a 'dark' side to the Bible. The same Bible that tells me that God loves me, also tells me that he will execute me if I don't become a Christian. We all have a choice: Do we want to worship such a God or not?

You also say: "No one would turn down that love ( God's supposed love ) except for the truly unrepentent evil." Bold words, Apostate Kate. In looking at the many message boards for ex-Christians, I've come across countless ex-Christians, who were 'full-on' Christians for many years, and have walked away from Christianity with great relief. Are they really among the "truly unrepentent EVIL"? They seem like real sweethearts to me, when I read their postings.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    James Thomas: Is God's love as expressed in the Bible. so real and pure as to effect even me who believe in no deities?

Yes. It is. When those without law do by nature the things of law, they prove the law to be written in their hearts and between their own conscience they are accused or excused. I believe this connection to be a description of the consciousness that you describe.

In your case, I would be very surprised if you could not in good conscience echo the words attributed to Paul, "I am aware of no fault, but by this I am not proved worthy." The Scriptures also point up the difficulty with hinging everything on what someone believes by stating that even the demons believe, and shudder.

I believe that God's love does not require belief to be freely given. I don't believe someone can properly refer to themselves as a Christian without belief, but then, you don't call yourself a Christian, do you?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Maybe the Scriptures that I post will help them to view ALL of Christianity as a man-made religion, and not just the JW part of it.

All religion is man-made

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Come visit the Heartland sometime. Preachers around here love us-and-them, "you'd better get saved OR ELSE!" theology.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

It is not about religion. The Bible is not about religion, but a relationship with the Maker by way of His Holy Divine Son.
    Interesting statement. I never thought about this way but perhaps you are on to something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit