Scriptures You Will Not Hear At The 2-04-06 Church Sermon.

by scout575 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scout575
    scout575

"For Moses said unto the fathers, "A prophet ( Jesus - verse 20 ) shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me, him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will NOT HEAR that prophet, shall be DESTROYED from among the people." ( Acts 3:22, 23 )

"And to you who are troubled rest with us when the LORD JESUS shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in FLAMING FIRE taking VENGEANCE on them that KNOW NOT GOD, and that OBEY NOT THE GOSPEL of our Jesus Christ: Who shall be PUNISHED with EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power." ( 2 Thess 1:7-9 )

"But those mine enemies, which WOULD NOT THAT I ( Jesus, as represented by the "nobleman" ( verse 12 ) of this parable ) SHOULD REIGN OVER THEM, bring hither, and SLAY THEM before me." ( Luke 19:27 )

• aniron
    aniron

Why wouldn't you hear them at a church sermon?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not another one!

• SallySue
    SallySue

February 4th was a Saturday....

• jgnat
    jgnat

thank GOD we won't.

• scout575
    scout575

Aniron: Read jgnat's reply for an answer to your question.

Ozziepost: Care to elaborate?

SallySue: I'm using the same way of expressing dates as that used by this site, with the day of the month appearing before the month itself.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Scout, I don't think people are getting the gist of your thread.

Here's a scripture that isn't used much. Ezekiel 34:17 - 24. It's rather long to type out and I don't know how to cut and paste. But here's a little bit of it. "Here I am, I myself, and I shall certainly judge between a plump sheep and a lean sheep, for the reason that with flank and with shoulder you kept pushing and with your horns you kept shoving all the sickened ones until you had scattered them to the outside." NWT It describes what goes on at the KH very well.

Cellist

• aniron
    aniron

Sorry but still can't see why not?

Have heard 2 Thess 1:7-9 and Luke 19:27 in a sermon.

Maybe even the Acts 3 , but not sure.

So can't see what you getting at?

• scout575
    scout575

Cellist: The gist of my thread is in the tradition of Blondie's weekly threads. Blondie's comments indicate her distaste with the Watchtower study, whereas the Scriptures that I post highlight the distasteful aspects of the NT. A JW reading Blondie's weekly threads might be tempted to think that upon leaving JWs, it would be a good idea to join some other Christian group. Maybe the Scriptures that I post will help them to view ALL of Christianity as a man-made religion, and not just the JW part of it.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Scout, yes. I read your post on Blondie's thread, before you started this one. I didn't realize you were concentrating on the NT though. Sorry, I posted an OT sample.

From the comments, there seemed to be a bit of confusion. I didn't think it was my place to speak for you.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit