"Baby, I think its time we move in 2gethor" HELP!!!!!

by stillAwitness 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I didnt know it was only a month. Marriage is a bit soon. If you want to move in with him maybe you could pretend to be married to him. Get a fake marriage certificate to show your parents and say you went to a registry office. Tell the elders you got married because you did not want to have premarital sex. That way you can do whatever you want with him and can not get in any trouble. It would simplify fading.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

wow, i know you should be afraid of losing him and all.. BUT A MONTH???? wow, tell the man to hold his friggin horses, wow... a month...

the infamous one

• Odrade
    Odrade

IMO, a 32 y.o. guy who wants you to move in/marry him in one month either has some serious problems/instability, or control issues. I would be way careful about this. No matter how much you've talked, you are still in the getting-to-know-you phase. You don't really know what skeletons are in his closet, (or psychological issues,) except for what he's allowed you to see. Trust me on that one.
    And you are wise to not want to rush, even if your emotions are all caught up in this. You are at the beginning of the roller-coaster that is getting out of the WTS. It will not be easy, and you will be a different person at the end of it all. You may want something totally different in two or three years. It would be a shame if you closed down your options right now before you go through all of that. Keep talkin' though! It will help you sort it out. Trust your gut. :)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Don't say you weren't warned..

Snoozy Q..

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

My opinion is this;
    Finish your education. Everything else is secondary until you can stand on your own. That includes boys.

• osmosis
    osmosis

Don't assume he has control or mental issues, but don't close your eyes to it either.

I'm about his age and probably in a similar situation. I've "been with" my share of women and have grown tired of things like one-night stands and casual sex.

Methinks he's probably just becoming ready to have a committed relationship, and likes you a whole lot, and thinks what could go wrong. That doesn't mean you should jump in there and marry the guy, but nor does it mean you should cynically question his motives and start looking for faults.

Just see how things play out for now, is my advice. Keep the eyes and ears open, and see what happens. "wait on the answer" lol

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Do what will make YOU happy. It's time to live your own life. But be careful. You don't really know him yet. No one can in such a short time.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

There are a lot of alarms going off when I read this....

I don't like to judge hon... But, you did ask for help so here it is...

I know it's tough expecially falling in love so quickly, but he is NOT the only man in the world, there are better men out there who are strong and capable and will love you enough

to wait until you are ready.

Alarm 1.-You've only been with each other for a month. Sometimes people get lucky and find the person of their dreams in a short amount of time, but more often than not it is extremely hard to completely get to know a person in just 30 days.

Alarm 2-Financial Trouble=Smells bad. really bad, and I would stay away. You could find yourself being taken advantaged of because you love him and he knows that and he will use it.

ie. "Can you pay my cell phone bill?" "so.. when do you get paid?" He will start with a long elaborate story about how so and so owes him some money and as soon as he gets it he will pay you back. It won't happen.

Being married to someone who has terrible credit can ruin kill your financial future for years to come and can haunt you even after you've moved on.

Please, Please be careful.

-Doodle-V

• Frog
    Frog

hi stilla babe,

i think it's swell that you've found someone that you care about so much, and equally cares about you. but statistically speaking couples who dive in too soon to long term committments have a greater chance of fizzing fast. If your guy was in a longterm relationship before you came along, and struggled when it ended badly, then it sounds to me like his self-worth might've taken a beating, and now that's perhaps why he's rushing into things with you.

You don't need anything but your love & affection to show eachother that you're committed at this stage. There will always be a time down the track when you just know that marriage is right, a time when you don't have burning doubts in your mind.

However, marriage isn't the end of the world from what I hear, so if you needed to go through with that to get the org off your back, than so be it. It doesn't necessarily have to shackle you down till death do us part if you can't make it work. Depends on your idea of what marriage should mean I guess...

Make sure you finish your studies though babe, and allow yourself a chance to taste real independence where you can support yourself and not rely on your family or partner to do that for you. It's the most liberating feeling in the world!

btw, it sounds like it's time that you considered standing up for yourself around your family and the org. You'll feel allot better after you've taken control of the reigns of your own life, come what may.

much love, frog x

• ballistic
    ballistic
    He says he can't stay in a relationship with me if it is not going anywhere.

red flag here! alert! warning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit