why is it all FLUFF?

by theinfamousone 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i mean, i come on this website, looking for the more intelligent conversations, the more interesting topics, things that are not just fluff... these things that compel me to think, react and of course, respond... lately NOTHING HAS MADE ME WANT TO RESPOND.... i mean dont get me wrong, i love my fluff here and there, but i mean, why is it all fluff now??? where has all the intelligent convo gone??? or am i just missing something?

the infamous one

• gumby
    gumby

If your wanting a real "meaty" subject, ya know, sumthin you can sink your teeth into.....you outta go to the boob threads. Their doozies!

Gumrussellbooblover

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    i come on this website, looking for the more intelligent conversations, the more interesting topics, things that are not just fluff... these things that compel me to think, react and of course, respond... lately NOTHING HAS MADE ME WANT TO RESPOND.... i mean dont get me wrong, i love my fluff here and there, but i mean, why is it all fluff now??? where has all the intelligent convo gone??? or am i just missing something?

So......why don't YOU start a thread on an interesting topic? What's holding you back? If you want something done to your specifications, do it yourself, my Mama always told me.

Frannie

• ballistic
    ballistic

A little bit of fluff doesn't hurt. It keeps the board moving and therefore keeps people here who are also willing to participate in serious topics and help newbies.

• James Free
    James Free

In all seriousness, the deeper subjects have been covered many times before, so the regulars have moved on to other subjects.

• wombat
    wombat

Blame it on the Jan 15 WatchTower. All of a sudden we lost our regular JW posters.

The lurkers are still out there though and occasionally one of them (like AirDust, I suspect) can't help themselves but come back in.

Where is PMJ when we need him? A lot of other regular so-called postates have gone quiet too.

But they are still reading every word.

• daystar
    daystar

Well, start something. I am not personally all that interested in Rex's threads, or Truth_about_the_truth's, for example. But how many people here will have much to discuss regarding topics I'm interested in other than JamesThomas, LittleToe, Brigid, or a few others? Most of us could really only compare notes anyway.

So start a topic that you are interested in then.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Is it OUR responsibility to feed you heavy topics to discuss? Seriously, you are as much a part of this board as anyone, which means you can bring to the table whatever you want. None of us should look to others to spoon feed us. We're independent now. We don't have to look to Mother to handle things.

You might consider going back to some of the older topics if you're so inclined. JanH, Ken, Farkel, Amazing, Maximus - they were all heavy hitters when I started here...counting...5 years ago. You might look them up and read some of their posts and see if anything is worth resurrecting. There are enough new people here that we could get new conversations started.

• daystar
    daystar

Andi pulls out her whip! *Crack!*

• Clam
    Clam
    You might consider going back to some of the older topics if you're so inclined

I'm always looking through old threads. Only the other day I read one started by Leolaia - "One of the defining doctrines of the WTS is the "two hopes" teaching concerning the 144,000 and the "great crowd". I join in when I feel like debating, offering support or having a laugh. Getting on board with "Active Topics" is touch and go. It's a bit like live TV - sometimes there's not much on and sometimes I can't drag myself away; but with all the old threads it's like having a huge DVD collection to fall back on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit