No fabrication in Gospels

by Shining One 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

>“We discover (in the gospels) a groundwork of vulgar ignorance, of things impossible, of superstition, fanaticism and fabrication”alt Thomas Jefferson quotes

Dear Sick,
    How does a quote from Tommy Jeff have any relevance to this argument?
    Rex

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Rex,

What does a quote from R. T. France have to do with the new testament?

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Shaz,
    I am not even bother to quote from your diatribe. The apostles all went down to their deaths in proclamation of the gospel, as did thousands of others who witnessed the events. People who claim to witness and event that has been fabricated are usually very quick about coming clean when their necks are involved. I recommend that you read Chuck Colson's "Born Again" for a good analysis and analogy of this angle. Paul stood before the courts and proclaimed this message and it was not refuted by the judges. Secular history is in agreement with this as well. Their are personal writings (unispired) as well. The gospels are true to the archaeology in their description of places. Release yourself from the bondage of cynicism. Just because Mother Watchtower is fake doesn't mean she was right about true Christianity!
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Nark,
    >What Christian apologists never deal with is the overwhelming cumulative evidence of the hundreds of narrative discrepancies in the canonical Gospels (e.g. the date of Jesus' death, where John opposes the Synoptics, as was discussed yesterday on JWD).

And what you never deal with is the fact that eyewitness events are NOT line by line in agreement in any situation...unless it is one being fabricated! LOL
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hal,
    What does your question have to do with the subject at hand? Refute the article that I posted.
    Rex

• kid-A
    kid-A

Release yourself from the bondage of cynicism. Just because Mother Watchtower is fake doesn't mean she was right about true Christianity!
    oh give it a rest, Rex. And what is "true christianity"?? The gospel according to "shining one" ?? All you have done in your life is replace one form of brainwashing (the watchtower) with ANOTHER form of brainwashing "Right-wing, bible-belt christian fundamentalism".....Its all the same crap, just another pile. .....yawn......

• Shining One
    Shining One

The physical impossibility of a man walking on water is not a fabrication?
    The chemical impossibility of water into wine is not a fabrication?
    The mathematical impossibility of the parts being greater than the whole (loaves & fishes) is not a fabrication?
    The biological impossibility of three day old corpses being brought back to life is not a fabrication?

So you are saying that you know that all of the above are 'a fabrication'? How could you possibly KNOW that? What supernatural attributes allow you to make that statement as a fact? I have indeed seen things that are evidence of the supernatural in our world: for one instance alone is immediate, visible healing. Since you haven't seen anything like that, nor are even open to the possibility you may continue on in your blind, materialistic view of life.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Gumby,
    Pure, unadulterated lies...
    Rex

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Rex,

I found the perfect girl for ya!

She just loves Jesus!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    So you are saying that you know that all of the above are 'a fabrication'? How could you possibly KNOW that? What supernatural attributes allow you to make that statement as a fact?

For crying out loud Rex! Please wake up man! What supernatural attributes do I need to know that 1+1 does not equal 3?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit