No fabrication in Gospels

by Shining One 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

this thread proves one thing...the only thing sillier than a religious arguement is a political arguement...ya'll sound like a bunch of drunks sitting in a bar argueing over whose football team is better. next someone will be challenging one and all to "step outside" and prove whose right with their fists. it also proves that any thread can be hi-jacked if enough inconsiderate posters play along.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    for instance, John Goldingay's commentary of Daniel, which accepted a Maccabean dating, was published in the Evangelical WBC series, which still causes a bit of tooth-gnashing among hard-line Evangelicals

I got some quick internet access....I just wanted to say that I was thinking about this as well when I was writing my post. I actually like the Word series a whole lot, and Goldingay is not the exception as well....I can think of the volumes on Isaiah (which accept Deutero- and Trito-Isaiah), Bauckham's volume on Jude and 2 Peter, Aune's volumes on Revelation, etc.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Narkissos,

I agree that the insinuation may have come across that I felt all skeptics are unaware of the conservative side of the issue. This was not my intent. I do find that most skeptics and fundamentalists I have spoken with, have only read one side of the issue, the side that agrees with their presuppositions on the Bible, God or Faith, in general. The reason I brought it up in the first place was to see if you have read both sides of the issue.

Regarding your personal experience, I was not attempting to prove that you were right or wrong. I was simply questioning the relevance of the the experience and the credentials. You have explained the orientation of the college, and I am satisfied with that.

Of course, I am sure that my motives will be questioned, but that's OK. People that do so merely have nothing positive to add to the discussion.

As far as the rest of your post I found it enlightening, and well thought out, and gave me names that I am not familiar with to read.

• Shining One
    Shining One

HI Abaddon,
    You are still an idiot. I don't have to be nice when casting rocks before swine..or at them. LOL
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit