Visual Methodologies and Watchtower Illustrations

by slimboyfat 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I do not remember the picture, or the book for that matter. Maybe it was removed due to copyright issues

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I just located the book on the shelf. It was published in 2002, and mercifully I do not remember it at all. As I look at the photo I am reminded how foolish the doctrines were and are. My mother used to say that even with all the resurrected ones, everyone would still have an acre or so to live on, and she would say that was enough for her. But that would mean that the scene in this drawing, as well as many others they typically print, with no other houses or dwellings within sight, would simply not be. The whole belief has so many incongruities that it is silly.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Could you post the picture? I can't find it.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I don't have a scanner, unfortunately

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

This is the best I can do

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

The best psychological manipulation the governing maggots have pulled is getting the members to identify the Org with Jehovah and Jehovah with the Org.

In the members mind, the Org is Jehovah. And that is why it's so hard to break through that wall. All else is just frosting on the cake.

Take for example the shunning booklet titled "Return to Jehovah".

Returning to the Org is returning to Jehovah. Sinister and brilliant but only momentary.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I have never seen this picture, thank you for posting it.

It struck me that *everybody* in this photo is hunched over, bent over, leaning over, stooping, or looks to be about falling over. Well, all except the dead girl, newly resurrected, but it looks like she's going to be falling over in a moment, too.

Nobody is, erm, "standing erect". They all have postures of continuing to be burdened and weighed down (or submissive?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit