Visual Methodologies and Watchtower Illustrations

by slimboyfat 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, the picture is quite interesting. I don't know if the cyclist is meant to be sinister. But I am concerned that the women are preoccupied with so many domestic tasks. And yes, a watchtower magazine study is the closest thing to "paradise" this side of Armageddon. That enough should be enough to make even the most loyal JW shudder. And ah, yes, the single sister clinging to the "post". Even if the artist was unaware of the symbolism, it's there all right! Maybe she's still ignoring brother bicycle until he becomes fully "righteous".

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What a nice resurrection for the little girl! After being dead for so long everyone is glad to see her! Now the women will have someone to help them with the household chores! And the man who is leaning out of the window is all ready preparing to placeā„¢ a magazine with her! It's another placement for him, and a potential return visit!

How happifying to have so many people all living in paradise! And all in the same house too!

By tomorrow the poor kid will wish she was dead again.

W

• jgnat
    jgnat

I couldn't help it, I had to map out the major flows in the composition. Some strong triangles. I wonder if the "single sister" and "mysterious bicycle boy" might represent the "three-fold cord" of marriage. In other words, "If you expect the regulations to loosen up in the new system, brothers and sisters, you can forget it!"

Sometimes I wonder if the WTBTS is gearing up to convince their followers that the current arrangement is paradise on earth, and that the thousand year reign has already started.

• lilybird
    lilybird

It does seem that the picture is presenting the society's opinion that women are beneath men and they are only useful for household duties. In the pic..the women are all busy with chores.. gardening sweeping.. while the men are involved in leisure activities.. reading... riding a bike...and what does that mean with the women clutching the post??? She can't leave until the sweeping is finished??? Looks like the twilight zone to me.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses are the 'perfect storm' of deception in a word they are the cult of Innuendo-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• Juniper123
    Juniper123

I just love how blase the woman on the porch is, Justing leaning on her broom "aw she came back from the dead, how sweet"

• TD
    TD

Someone slap me upside the head if I'm being insensitive, but does the woman leaning down to welcome the child appear to be somewhere between the early to mid stages of pregnancy?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Are bicycles for Christians?

• blondie
    blondie

There is a WTS picture somewhere about the resurrection where two people with clothes in hand are running towards someone coming out of a cemetery. The clothes strategically block the fact that the resurrected person is naked.

Does anyone remember that picture?

Blondie

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can't remember what this picture looks like. I wonder if there is a copy online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit