Im so sick (literally) of morning sickness\all day sickness

by Es 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

ok great thanks schne_belly i will give that a go too

es

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I feel nauseous I normally find that a carbonated drink will help. ----->

• Es
    Es

such as elsewhere???

Ive been drinking heaps of lemonade, trying to avoid coke coz of the caffenine.

es

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

ES, evolutionary biologists believe that morning sickness is, in fact, a good thing. They've studied thousands of pregnancies, successful and unsuccessful, and they've discovered that morning sickness or NVP, nausea and vomiting in pregnancy, seems to be an evolved defense against two potential problems--one, food-borne illness in both the mother and the fetus and two, congenital defects resulting from harmful chemicals in certain foods.

Though not so threatening to fully developed bodies, these chemicals can deform embryonic organs in the early stages of their development. In fact, morning sickness usually peaks between the sixth to eighteenth weeks of pregnancy, the period in embryonic development when the process of organ formation is most susceptible to disruption by chemical toxins.

Not only is there a correlation between morning sickness and this particularly sensitive phase of development, but there is also a correlation between this phase and pregnant women's aversions to certain foods. Many pregnant women experience aversions to meat, caffeinated beverages, and strong-tasting vegetables--the very foods that are thought to contain chemicals potentially harmful to the embryo.

Anyway, thought you might find that interesting...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    such as elsewhere???

Anything with bubbles.

I normally go for a soft drink. Alkazeltser can also work, even though it tastes nasty. If you can stand the taste you can drink straight seltzer water.

If it's caffeine you don't want, just by a no-caffeine soft drink.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Poor Es!! If it's hard to get to the doctor's office, could you phone to see if a script could be called in to the pharmacy for you? Dehydration is a serious concern. Maybe you could just call and see what they advise. You poor thing!

• delilah
    delilah

Es, I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling so well.....I ate soda crackers, or dry toast, and ginger ale, or try Canada Dry, ginger ale if you can get that. It really does help to settle the tummy. Hugs to you girl....what we women don't go through eh? just to have a baby? Flat coke does the trick as well. Best wishes hun....

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

You poor thing! I had all day sickness with mine too, it lasted till my 7th month, it was so aweful. Peppermint helps, you can even melt it in some water. Plus, you will have fresh breath after! lol Take care! MP

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Im a bit worried of dehydration, im finding even hard to drink things and im getting terrible headaches, and im exhausted prob coz i cant eat or keep anything down.

You do have a valid concern as dehydration can be a big issue if you're throwing up a lot. BTW, headaches are a big sign of dehydration. Whenever I get a headache, I try to think of how much I had to drink for the day. When I realize my water intake is low, I'll drink a full glass of water. Usually, in about 15 minutes, my headache is subsiding.

• luna2
    luna2

Awww, Es. So sorry. That is hard to take. I like gingerale when I'm feeling sick. Do you think eating very small meals every few hours might help?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit