U.N. Scandal Clarfications Please.

by lowden 41 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

Since i joined the forum a short while ago i was confronted by the above scandal, hadn't known about it , haven't been in touch with anything to do with the org for a while. So i've read all the posts and questions and i think iget the drift, but what i want to kno now is why DID they do it? I hear THEIR excuse of the library card, but that's obviously a load of tosh. Unless i've missed the answer to this, does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to WHY they really did do it!!?? Also why the hell does the memorial observer number seem to be increasing, by quite a considerable number? It should be about 4 or 5,000 by now SURELY?! Thanks.

Peace

Lowden

• Frog
    Frog

bttt

can someone pls get back to Lowden please...i'm drowing under uni work, and just came up briefly for air...x

• Honesty
    Honesty

Instead of waitin' on Joe Hoba, The WACKTOWER ran ahead and associated themselves with the UN in order to gain a foothold in Eastern Europe after the Berlin Wall came down and other religious organizations received recognition in former Soviet satellite republics.

It was all about placing more of their filthy rags.

• blondie
  • Legolas
    Legolas
    funkyderek Re: Wow that UN scandal really DOES work wonders

Post 3806 of 3809
    since 03-Jul-01

28 y 9 m 29 d

If it was just for a library card, why were they involved in petitions about the running of UN meetings?

See http://www.greekhelsinki.gr/english/pressrelease/ngo-petition-23-10-2000-osce2000.html

(Note also that they're not the only cult involved.)

IP: tOHB9EAu/o3YMmDb
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Definitely read the links Blondie has provided.

Here is one more

The Best of... WTS and the UN

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the most reasonable explanation is that by associating with the UN, they could have better audience for human rights complaints. That is, they could gain access to some countries they previously were denied access, fight for the legal right to practice their religion throughout the world, and get a few world court cases going regarding freedom of religion and freedom to proselytize.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

To clarify:

They probably did it for the exact purpose they claim, initially. Once they became an Associate member of the United Nations Department of Public Information (UN/DPI) they discovered ways in which the association provdided them leverage and opened doors that had been closed formerly. Seeing the other open doors, they walked through.

However, for me the biggest concern is that even at this late date when there is no longer any excuse for them to believe they "registered" and at which point they should know for certain they were an Associate member of the UN/DPI, they still lyingly claim to inquirers that they "registered" and eventually "withdrew [their] registration" which is not possible. There is no registered status with the UN/DPI Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Section, there is only an Associate membership status.

So even if we discount the fact of it having happened as accidental, there is no way to discount continuing to lie about what actually occurred.

It is important to remember when speaking of this that they did not become a member of the UN. They became a member of the UN/DPI, which is, in its own right, "a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the Bible" and is "under judgement by Jehovah God"—nothing compelled them to join, they joined out of their own desire to enjoy the privileges they believed to accompany a membership to the UN/DPI.—Organized to Do Jehovah's Will (2005) p. 155 par. 2

They do not admit to becoming a member of the UN/DPI, they do not admit that it was gross wrongdoing even when asked directly, they instruct elders to tell those (like myself) who ask that they should be content with the explanation provided and wait on Jehovah, they deceptively avoid their culpability, they do not attempt to right the wrong, they are quite obviously unrepentant of their actions.

Romans 2:1-11—Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are, if you judge; for in the thing in which you judge another, you condemn yourself, inasmuch as you that judge practice the same things. 2 Now we know that the judgment of God is, in accord with truth, against those who practice such things.
    3 But do you have this idea, O man, while you judge those who practice such things and yet you do them, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of his kindness and forbearance and long-suffering, because you do not know that the kindly [quality] of God is trying to lead you to repentance? 5 But according to your hardness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath and of the revealing of God’s righteous judgment. 6 And he will render to each one according to his works: 7 everlasting life to those who are seeking glory and honor and incorruptibleness by endurance in work that is good; 8 however, for those who are contentious and who disobey the truth but obey unrighteousness there will be wrath and anger, 9 tribulation and distress, upon the soul of every man who works what is injurious, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who works what is good, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.
    Respectfully,
    AuldSoul
  • lowden
    lowden

Currently wading through the links you posted. Wow! The affiliation is somewhat dodgy of them, but the lying is UTTERLY INEXCUSABLE!! Thanks for the help people.

Peace

Lowden

• KW13
    KW13

Ok and here is the link on the United Nations website itself.

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

--------------------------------- How did i get that up? Go to the UN site (google it to be sure its the proper site) and then after choosing the word welcome in your language, move your cursor up the screen to the top right and click search. In search type the following: Watchtower bible and tract Then choose the first PDF document you see.

---------------------------- The WBT society say the cut ties with the UN because the criteria changed. The Criteria of NGO (None Govermental Organizations) has never changed since they originally joined. I hope this helps - EDIT: The criteria had changed sorry but not the reasons they give

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit