Rude Behavior In The Office

by Bstndance 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Hey Everyone,

So there is this girl at our office who has her share of personality flaws. People joke around with her about them and she is a good sport about it. One of the major things she does is wash her hands every chance she gets. Well someone printed an article on OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), highlighted parts of it, and put it in her mailbox! She discovered this and was in tears. I don't blame her. I joke around with her once in awhile but I would never go that far. Poor girl.

• daystar
    daystar

Well, yeah. What a bunch of a-holes...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Of all the personality flaws a person can have, why pick on someone for washing her hands often? I prefer that to someone who doesn't wash them enough. In my line of work I often have to touch other people's keyboards, so it angers me whenever I see someone leave the restroom without washing their hands - and it happens often.\

W

• Scully
    Scully

That was just mean!!

On the other hand, she's probably someone who is never going to pick up someone else's cold or flu. So, in a way, her behaviour is probably beneficial to her.

Geez, I have no idea how many times during a shift I wash my hands. Infection control standards require that we wash hands up to the elbows at the beginning of the shift, and up to the wrists between each patient we see, every time we have contact with them, and again up to the elbows at the end of the shift. I can easily wash my hands 40 - 50 times or more in 12 hours.

Seriously, there are worse things she could be doing.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Well someone printed an article on OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), highlighted parts of it, and put it in her mailbox! She discovered this and was in tears.

Poor girl, is right, Bstndance! What "Richard Craniums"!!! Maybe someone needs to print out an article on joking and teasing, pointing out or hilighting what's funny and what is NOT....then put it in THEIR mailboxes.

• lilybird
    lilybird

I have watched a few programs on Dateline and CNN about the gerns that lurk in offices.. and that is why we get sick a lot at work.. I bought my husband some of the bottled handwash.. the kind that doesn't need water to kill bacteria.. He says a few guys in the office do that too.. Maybe she might wash her hands a bit too much,, but it only makes good sense anyway...Too bad other people have to stick their noses into other peoples business.. maybe they should wash their hands a little bit more!!!!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Unfortunately, rude behavior in the office is commonplace nowadays. I've worked with some real gems in my past. And what's bad is they will never have a clue how rude and offensive they actually are. I'm just glad I'm not married to them.

As for your coworker, honestly, if this is the WORST thing they can say about her, then she's doing pretty good in my book. So she's OCD. *shrug* Like someone else said, I'd rather work with her than someone that never washes their hands.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was very heartless and rude, but many companies have grievance procedures for staff members who think they have been hurt by the actions of the management or fellow staff. That sort of behaviour should contravene company rules regarding harassment of fellow workers.

She should have them sent to disciplinary.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

It's too bad people had to be hurtful to her. Really she should be laughing at them! I either wash my hands frequently, due to contact with the public, or apply Germ-X hand sanitizer.

I can't even remember when I last had a cold, or the flu, even when half the office had it, the ones who laughed at me, lol!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

That was really mean of them

To me bullying in the workplace is just an extension of playground bullying. Sadly, adults are just expected to 'deal with it' but it should be nipped in the bud or these people will never stop.

If you're able to without drawing more unwelcome attention to her from the others, maybe you could let her know that you think that they were bang out of order? At least she won't feel like everyone's against her then. Or perhaps tell those who did it that you think it was unfair?

emo who's been on the 'receiving end'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit