I need help.

by Geetarfreek! 20 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

If prince can you can.

God never said the rich will have to suffer as a result. If your a genuine and honest person that makes your way in life with your own talent or efforts then why not? He gave you these things to use did he not?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

King David wrote songs....and was a King. I'm sure he made it. I think the JW's try to emphasize that poverty is more honorable than wealth, because it serves to fill their coffers.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Your fear is far fetched a lot of JWs are very rich anyway, it's one's attitude with money that really matters if it doesn't puff up the mind then there is no problem, one can give a lot of money to charities. But do you think you will get very rich and you worry so much?

• Geetarfreek!
    Geetarfreek!

Wow! this has been a huge help. Thanks alot to everyone for replying. Every post made a good point.

I think someone asked if I was a JW? Well to be honest I don't really class myself as one because I've only recently(2 months) started to study and read the Bible and it's teachings along with researching Jehovah God of course. I don't really do what alot of JW's do in that they preach God's name to alot of people. I don't do this so I don'n know if you could consider me as a JW.

Again thanks for all your help but I have another question if you don't mind answering or helping me with it.

Assuming I was a millionaire but with my money I gave alot of it to Charities and helped family/friends out with debt etc but kept enough so that I was financially secure, and gave money to people I don't really know just to help them out and be nice. Believe me I'm that kind of guy that would do this. Anyway the question is: Surely someone who would be willing to do this should be considered for a lifetime in paradise?

Thanks alot people.

Greg

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Geetarfreek!/Greg again,

Assuming I was a millionaire but with my money I gave alot of it to Charities and helped family/friends out with debt etc but kept enough so that I was financially secure, and gave money to people I don't really know just to help them out and be nice. Believe me I'm that kind of guy that would do this. Anyway the question is: Surely someone who would be willing to do this should be considered for a lifetime in paradise?

Greg if kindness to others is what makes you who you are, those are noble qualities. You don't need some religion to teach you to be that way. Sounds to me like it's part of your make-up. There's no need to worry about the claim the witnesses make of the Wizard of Oz dream of paradise. If there were such a place we'd all be there.

Dismembered

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm going to put you out of your misery. The Watchtower society may degrade any other kind of talent other than field service, but the bible doesn't:

Proverbs 22:29 (New International Version)

29 Do you see a man skilled in his work?
    He will serve before kings;
    he will not serve before obscure men.

If you have a talent in music, use it! You may not become famous, but you may become very, very good at what you do. There is great satisfaction in using the talents God planted in you. Don't give that up lightly.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Do your thing, man. The Lord didn't say playing music was a sin. Matter of fact, it is a good thing. If you happen to get rich and feel guilty about it, send the money to me!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I know I'm coming in a little late here, but I'm going to ask you a question:

What are you better at? Selling magazines or playing music? Go with what you're talented in. Women, friends, and even religion can disappoint you, and they can leave you. Your hobbies, passions, and goals will never leave you. They will be with you as long as you remain interested in them.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave
    Well Prince consider this

SickOfLies...too funny. When I was reading his post I was thinking "Prince, is that you?"

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Let nothing hold you back. I'm on the same path and a Christian. Go for your dreams. As long as you are not ruled by a desire to make money, you can do very well for yourself in the music business and still maintain your morals and your faith. Whatever you do, don't listen to the dream & life destroyers called the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit