by south african beef 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome to you both!

Couples, so cute.

Dams

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

SAB & Bubble... What were the moments of truth for you? What turned on the lightbulb in your brain and made you decide to leave?

• south african beef
    south african beef

we absolutely hated being wittos and knew we wanted to get out and be with each other but as i'm sure you know that is easier said than done. our whole families are wittos and all our friends too. eventually our affair was discovered by bubble's husband reading her text messages! that was the push we needed to finally face up to what we were doing and to face the elders. we were happily disfellowshipped and knew that we didn't want to repent, but our families live in hope that we will go back. that's never gonna happen!! we have learnt so much about the organisation from sights such as this that we are so disgusted with the religion we once believed was the 'truth'.

• south african beef
    south african beef

we absolutely hated being wittos and knew we wanted to get out and be with each other but as i'm sure you know that is easier said than done. our whole families are wittos and all our friends too. eventually our affair was discovered by bubble's husband reading her text messages! that was the push we needed to finally face up to what we were doing and to face the elders. we were happily disfellowshipped and knew that we didn't want to repent, but our families live in hope that we will go back. that's never gonna happen!! we have learnt so much about the organisation from sights such as this that we are so disgusted with the religion we once believed was the 'truth'.

• ferret
    ferret

sab and bubble a warm welcome to the board. Your story sounds just like mine. It happened in 1980 and 26 years later we are still together. We were both in bad relationships in dubland. Much happier life as we are going into our senior years.

• south african beef
    south african beef

glad to hear that good news ferret. hope bubble and i are still going srtong 26 years from now!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi there Beef and Mrs Bubble Beef! Well done on surviving what you went through and congratulations on finding freedom and happiness! So many of us are constantly stunned and disappointed in our family's behaviour. It only proves that they don't have the love that should identify them as god's people. It's a joke, not very funny though.

How are the kids doing?

• south african beef
    south african beef

kids are doing remarkably well - thanks for asking. in fact the chidren have certainly coped far better than some of the adults in the equation - i.e. everone at the KH.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Welcome S.A.B. and Bubbles!

We look forward to hearing more form you!

L.L.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

welcome SAB and bubbles....

you have an interesting story!

welcome to the board....me and ithinkisee are out together also. Our marriage of 10 years was pretty much over till we left this past year and now it's better than ever.

so glad you are out and happy.

we have kids too, and they have done better than I expected also. resilient little things aren't they?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit