Thw Watchtower Dream

by carlitos 20 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Yep and to make matters even worse they will look for reasons to take the religion away from you . All the GC are to them is cattle to be exsploited . They act like the money they get is mainly for real estate developement and the members doing all the fund raising are treated like the only thing that matters is the hope of eternal life in the next world but surviving in this world is totally up to them . I mean you read acts of apostles and the first church had everybody sell everything they owned then the church used the money to feed a clothe everybody . There isn't even a soup kitchen at the kingdub hall . They keep telling members that jehovah will provide but then insist they are jehovah and then provide nothing . What a convoluted mess they make out of some very basic and fundamental things .

• LDH
    LDH
    They keep telling members that jehovah will provide but then insist they are jehovah and then provide nothing .

Does this mean that "Jehovah" is a figment of someone's imagination?!?!?!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Just wanted to add that I am in the same predicament Carlitos. How can it be right that I might have to support my parents financially in their old age when they basically left me homeless at 16 because I no longer wanted to be a dub and when they will still not have anything to do with me. Sorry, but I'm not giving them a penny unless thet refute the Borg utterly and apologise for the life they made me have.

And to a new me - you have a wonderful personality - it shows through - plus a resiliance. And from these you will grown and abound as long as you don;t let the past stunt your growth.

Hugs

crumpet x

• Brigid
    Brigid

Crumpet, There's absolutely no reason for you to feel obligated to support your parents (not that I think you do but just wanted to add my 2 cents).

Yes, LDH, I often rankle at the idea that she views these monies as coming from "Cyress" that my hard work (which I would have none of if I had NOT LEFT the organization

I sometimes think I should just let the karmic accumulations that my mother has built up for herself come due. And I am getting closer to that point. But blood is thicker than water sometimes (damn that linguering Christian guilt!!). I happen to have knowledge that a huge karmic bill is about to come due for her that could involve the authorities and even jail time. Something that even I will probably not be able to bail her out of. It does not originate with me but my sister. I refuse to get in the middle of it. I just wonder how supportive her congregation will be when they hear of her gargantuan need......

*crickets*

~Brigid

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Carlitos, I used to worry about my parents also. However after my mother passed away, I knew it would only be a matter of time before my dad remarried. He did, to a widow whose husband left her very well off. I don't worry about him anymore.

• heathen
    heathen

Now that is totally absurd . Poor crumpet . Glad to see you back BTW . How could somebody shun you and then take money from you? Unbelievable . These people are really a sad lot .

• clarity
    clarity

So many caught in this nightmare! Did you prepare for a future day?

Did your parents?

• clarity
    clarity

bttt

• Bella15
    Bella15

Same with my family here ... we left El Salvador looking for a "BETTER LIFE*" in the USA just to continue the same JW BS ... the only help any newly arrived "sister" gets from another "already adapted sister" here is referrals or leads to CLEAN THE BATHROOMS OF RICH WHITE PEOPLE - no offense intended by saying "white" okay, but you know what I mean." NO KIDDING people, Generations of maids in the JW are very common, Grandma maid, mama maid, daughter maid. Very few have houses and the ones that do are considered "materialistics" ... and people talks behind their backs wondering why in the world they are buying a house when it will be destroyed in armagedon the next day." No savings. NOTHING.

Thanks be to GOD and my Lord Jesus that my heart was never in that religion, they got my brain somewhat brainwashed but the Spirit of Christ was stronger and now I am completely free and my future generations will not be slaves to the WT CORPORATION.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I was reading throught the other posts ... funny that I also help my parents monetarily, they have nothing ... my father went back to El Salvador and I send him money every month ... I only started helping him after becoming a Christian, before it was too hard for me to help him because it was my way to seek revenge from the unhappiness and all pain inflicted while being raised as a JW ... as a Christian now, I do it happily. My mom is here in the USA, owes me thousands, but as a Christian I now see that my mom could never owe me any money, no matter what she is my mom and I don't expect her to pay me anything back. All for the glory of God.

Remember people, we are supposed to lend not to borrow ... so who is your daddy? Jesus or the WT Corporation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit