What is a useful fact or information you know, that would help others?

by free2beme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am always amazed that every once in awhile someone will tell me something, and I am shocked I did not know this information early or have it more publically known. Do you know some information like this. Something that few would know, but it would be something useful. Here are some examples.

Did you know?

If you call you credit card companies and say that you had a better offer with another company, for a lower interest rate, they will lower your interest rate to match or maybe even make it lower. Why? They want your interest money, even if it is less, rather then seeing you take it elsewhere.

If you have cable internet, and you call and say you will cancel, if they do not match a price of DSL, Wireless, etc. They will and often they will make it even lower. This works with Charter, Cox, Time Warner, Bright house, and any others I did not mention. Why? Because cable companies make no money on the television. Cable companies make their money on data services, and other add ons. You take that away, and you take away their profit.

Everything I said about cable, also works with phone companies and DSL. Phone companies are hurting right now, local service, because of Vonage and Cable Internet services and know that data is the only way to keep the service online. 80,000 people turn off their land line, each day.

Okay, your turn, make it a good one.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I know when I switched away from ATT to Southwestern Bell I got an amazing rate for overseas calls

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Be careful when you get a rental car - they charge you for counting it on your frequent flier miles -it is not worth it

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

How to tell what influence your spiders are under:

alt

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Credit Tip #1

Credit card companies have a buried clause in their contracts called the Universal Default Clause, or UDC.

Let's say you have two accounts with two different Card companies.

Card #1 has a reasonable interest rate, and you never pay late on it.

Card #2 gets out of control, and you start to make your payments late. Your interest rate starts to balloon to 30%

The company that has Card #1 does a credit check on you, and sees that you are slow paying on Card #2. The UDC allows them to also jack up your interest rate on this card, even though you kept up your payments and never messed up on it.

Credit tip number 2

US credit customers are allowed, by law, a free credit report from each of the three credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and Transunion). You can get all three at the same time, or you can "stagger them out" over the course of a one year period, getting a new report every four months, free.

The website for this is https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

For about $7 extra, you can get your credit score.

This website is maintained by the Federal Trade Commission, and is legit.

All this I learned from a Credit Couseling Class I was required to take as condtions for filing for bankruptcy.

If there is a God, I hope that he strikes me blind before I ever get in so much trouble with those f$%^%ing credit cards ever again.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I know that the horns began blowing in Cedar Point Ohio in 1922.

Rub a Dub

• free2beme
    free2beme

If you run a credit report on yourself, it actually lowers your Beacon score. Your Beacon score is the first think people look at on your credit report. So run those free ones, from time to time, but don't do it to often. Especially if you want to buy something major soon and want the best Beacon score possible. Also, when you pay credit cards off. Do not close the account!!! Leaving a paid off card on a credit report, gives you a higher Beacon score, then not having it.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Don't feed Alka-Seltzer to seagulls if you have recently eaten.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Welding for Dummies.

Welding is a theocratic™ fabrication process that joins materials and 'stumbling blacks™' 'forever™' with 'rods of iron™' or thermoplastics by causing 'symbolic™' coalescence. 'It is obvious therefore™' that many different energy sources can be used for welding, including a gasflame, an electric 'arc of the covenant™, a laser, an electron beam, friction and ultrasound (for welding 'satan inspired™' imperfect™ babes in the woods).

Until the 'end of the last days™', the only welding process was forge welding, which 'god fearing™' blacksmiths had used for centuries to join metals by heating and 'vigorously opposing™' them with a reasonable approach™'. Today, the 'creative period™' continues to 'advance™. 'Keeping in mind™' that robot welding is becoming more commonplace in industrial and 'Kingdom Hall™' settings, and it 'behoves™' 'the christian congregation™' to continue to develop new welding methods and gain an accurate knowledge™' of weld quality, the christian Greek scriptures™' and the 'bibles moral standards™'.

By Charles Taze Russell, Dead American Bible Scholar.

alt

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

A mobile phone put through a 40 degree washing machine cycle amazingly still works!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit