The Day two JW kids murdered their parents.

by LDH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I felt bad about the family in Canandaigua because they were just a normal family and I think he killed them for money! Now thats screwed up!

• LDH
    LDH
    seeing the elders disfellowship mentally ill people on different occasions

Not out of Auburn NY.

We welcomed so many with Open Arms TM one of the Circuit Overseers said we should be careful not to attract too many "fringe lunatics" and I quote.

Our KH was on the same block as an Adult Home for the mentally ill, so it was not uncommon to have, um, loud company during the meetings.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I understand what you mean Lisa. At least your CO had good enough sense not to baptize mentally ill people in the first place. I saw a brother, a sister, a nephew and others disfellowshipped for bipolar illness in its manic phase. I didn't think it was a wise thing to shun people who were clearly not in control.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yeah, I remember that story. The kid having "Berzerker" tattoo'd on his forehead was a detail that has stuck in my mind through the years, I guess because it creates such a strong mental image of a young person that has become a complete angry disaster. I was kinda like that.

Every congo that I ever attended had at least one family where mom and dad are outwardly faithful, but the family is basically shunned socially and their surly kids are a dead giveaway that there are serious problems at home.

• LDH
    LDH
    Every congo that I ever attended had at least one family where mom and dad are outwardly faithful, but the family is basically shunned socially and their surly kids are a dead giveaway that there are serious problems at home

Dan, YESSS!!!! Shunned by normal people is bad enough. But when the idiots shun you too, look out!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    But when the idiots shun you too, look out!

LOL! That was funny!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There was a movie or documentary on the Freemans that I remember seeing on T.V. There was also a book written on the family, called "Blood Crimes." For a review of the book go to

http://p076.ezboard.com/flambsmarchfrm11

Scroll down to the bottom; it's the second to last heading.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah I watched it at the time I thought that your kids doing the stuff mentioned would be a dead giveaway that you needed professional help... Guess thats just me though!

• LDH
    LDH

hmmm... did not know there was a movie made.

One of the other influences that the Amish, Mennonites et al had on the local congregations was the 'dancing' thing. Unless you were doing the polka, you were guaranteed a talk by the elders.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

This is the first time I am hearing about this story. How terrible! Where are the boys now? Jail? Mental Hospital?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit