Comments You Will Not Hear at the 3-26-06 WT Study (Gathering)

by blondie 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    There is a persona that finds it some kind of therapy to be "against" something rather than "for" something.

Now that's the most honest thing I've heard you say yet. This would include the WTBTS...correct?

( I'll use "Baptist" for the sake of argument)

As for the sites you mentioned concerning dissenters of other faiths......are they support sites for ones who's family has rejected them for leaving the Baptist faith? Have these faiths caused divorces because one mate leaves the baptist faith( I'm sure there are some)?

Have dissenting baptists lost loved ones in death due to church policy as have the witnesses in their history of bans on blood, vaccines, and organ transplant policies?

Do these sites support ex-baptists who sat in prison for years and years due to following a baptist policy that was later changed that would have made a prison sentence needless and not caused havoc on the wife and kids of the prisoner?

Did the baptist have policies that allowed a baptist to divorce their mate on grounds they later found was faulty and do they have sites for these ones for support?

Yes Dozy, christendom too has caused havoc on mankind ( caused deaths with allowance of abortions and honored needless fighting/killing in wars), but I think you'll find witnesses are unique in many ways that surpass other religions today as far as attrocities against members go.

Gumtheist

• uninformed
    uninformed

dozy and scout,

I want you guys to know how much I value your posts!!@!

In fact, I think you are in for commendation.

Please send me your name, address, congregation and I will make sure that I inform the Body of Elders what a fantastic job you guys are doing in fighting apostasy!!

I am sure they will be besides themselves with joy having this information, and a probably promotion in the congregation will be in your futures.

By the way, I wonder if you could give me your thoughts on the Bible verse that says, "a little leaven ferments the whole lump"?

What about Matthew 23, where it states, "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated THEMSELVES in the seat of Moses. Therefore all the things they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform. They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of mankind, but they themselvees are not willing to budge them with their finger......Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!"

Looking forward to your comments and your contact information.

Uninformed

• anewme
    anewme

Blondie, I appreciate your efforts to share the weekly Watchtower lesson with us for this reason.

Because of being indoctrinated at such a young age I never learned to listen critically to what was being told me by this group. I was kept rather childlike, a bland page for them to write whatever they willed onto my heart and mind.

Then when I had personal problems this nice group threw me out to the streets! Ouch!! That kind of makes a person WONDER........WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE ANYWAY????? WHO APPOINTED THESE? WHO ARE THESE TO SAY I AM NOW FIT FOR DESTRUCTION AND DEATH? WHO ARE THESE TO TELL ALL MY RELATIVES AND MY LITTLE NIECES AND NEPHEWS NOT TO SPEAK NOR GREET NOR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE? WHY HAVE WE ALL GIVEN OVER SO MUCH POWER TO THIS PUBLISHING COMPANY?

They are an abusive controlling cult! At the least very mislead. And formerly naive people like me appreciate the help to learn to listen to their propaganda and slant with new ears......ears now fully AWAKE to their subtle tricks.

Read their history! The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is just a Christian business that has grown and now gained worship status among its members....even changing its baptismal oath to a pledge of allegiance
    to the org.

I say BRING IT ON BLONDIE! AND BRING IT DOWN!!!

And thankyou!

Anewme

• willyloman
    willyloman

Blinking new light alert:

Since the mid-1930's, a growing number of "other sheep," who are not of the "little flock" and whose hope is everlasting life on earth, have rallied to the side of the anointed.

So now 1935 becomes the mid-30's, a less specific date. Does this remind anyone of the "generation" teaching, which initially held that those who were old enough to understand current events in 1914 would not pass away before the Big A came, which then morphed over time to those born in 1914, then to those familiar with the events of 1914, and finally to, oh, never mind?

• scout575
    scout575

Uninformed: If you return to my earlier posting you will notice that I say: "Including kingdom halls." I'm happy to be able to reassure you that I disassociated myself from JWs last September, because I could no longer accept the Bible's claim of its being "inspired of god". Of course, I'm not really claiming that the above Scriptures are NEVER read at any Christian meetings, I'm just pointing out how those Scriptures tend to be ( for obvious reasons ) 'swept under the carpet'.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you for your review, Blondie. I look forward to it every week. For a refreshing change, I suggest that anyone who wishes to honor him, follow the example of Christ this memorial.

Mark 14 NIV-22-26

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body." Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it. "This is my blood of the [b] covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them. "I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God." When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

So pick up some bread and wine, invite over a few friends, partake, and sing.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Excellent, Blondie.

Yes it is always around this time of year that the gofors are told to refuse the sacraments.

A couple of scriptures they quote have led me to the conviction that all christians should partake of the emblems.

In a study in the 90's John 11:24 was deemed to apply to the earthly resurrection during the millennium.

1 Cor 10:16 is self explanatory, but in the light of the WT statement about John 11, we can only conclude that John 6:54 applies to those christians hoping for an earthly resurrection like that the WT claims first century Jews entertained.

If the apostles did not preach an earthly resurrection for some christians Gal 1:8,9 applies, and the WTBTS is under God's curse.

This organization is killing people now and for the future.

HB

• Clam
    Clam

Blondie thank you, very interesting.

I particularly noted

Loyal companions of Christ's brothers

That's right, the great crowd are not brothers of Christ, just companions just like a dog.

Yes a good parallel.The whole essence of this "study" must be quite revolting to real Christians with its jumped up, imagined class system.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Blondie, thank you so much for doing this for us each week. I am sure sometimes it is hard to find the time. Most of us here appreciate it!

Dozy, ya know what they say...the truth hurts.

Jgnat, what a wonderful idea, to remember Christ in our own homes. What a shame that once again, some six million people will refuse to partake of the bread and wine, and hurt Jesus by passing the emblems to the next "observer."

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thankyou, Blondie !!

It makes sense now why the 2-3 articles preceding the annual WATCHTOWER rejection ceremony always drilled the false 144,000 doctrine into the minds of the deceived and misled JW's.

I'm happy to be able to reassure you that I disassociated myself from JWs last September, because I could no longer accept the Bible's claim of its being "inspired of god". Scout575

Congratulations, Scout. In that case let's be penpals.

I'll go first and then you can post yours:

Bob Evans

325 Winchester Drive

Walland, TN. 37886

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit