Tell us about something that you liked to do when you were younger

by MsMcDucket 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Nina
    Nina

I went to the library.

Nina

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Play in streams of water, making mud dams and waterways for floating objects of various designs.

Play with jigsaws as villages and armies with colour coordinated units of economic exchange.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I used to do a lot of cycling and ice skating which now I don't do so much. The body is losing some of its stamina.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I used to ice skate, 7 times a week, it was quite an obsession, now I don't dare go as I'd get laughed at after showing everyone pics of me when I was good.

• luna2
    luna2

As a young kid...like age 7 til about 12, I was outside ALL the time...sort of like gumby (although without the massager or egging of cars). I'm trying to remember what the heck we did all day (during the summer and on weekends). My mother hated having us kids under foot, so we were pretty much ejected from the house right after breakfast, came home for lunch, and went back out until dinner. There was no TV watching allowed...of course, back then, there wasn't much on TV during the day anyhow.

During the summer, I was at the pool everyday. Weekday mornings, I'd take swimming lessons. I think by the time I was 12 I'd taken every class they offered through life saving and diving. Most afternoons, I'd go back to the pool and meet my friends. This was a good deal for my mother because the public pool was within walking distance so she didn't even have to drive.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

DANCE!!! Me, too. Always learned the latest dance, beginning with the Jitterbug, the Bop, the Camel Walk, the Twist, the Watusi and on to the Pony, the Louisiana Stomp and Disco, etc.

Same here, for now. I'd probably break something if I tried now.

• poppers
    poppers

I used to make my own gunpowder and fashion homemade fireworks. Can you imagine that? Today if I did that I'd get arrested as some sort of security risk. I also used to love going to the local dump and shoot rats with my lever action .22 - I would always trudge through the garbage to examine my kills. I also loved to make blow guns and target shoot with it.

In looking at the above paragraph it would appear that I was obsessed with violence of some sort or other, but I wasn't.

• anewme
    anewme

I loved to play my cello for hours and hours a day and dream of one day being a virtuoso!

Then I met the JWs.

End of story.

• foreword
    foreword

It was always sports oriented. Baseball, swimming, soccer, hockey. If I had to get something at the store, I'd run, I'd have my own obstacle courses of walking on fences, climbing trees ect. Yup, good ol fun.

Then I noticed I had a penis and who I could use it on and then it was all downhill from there...lol

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Disappear into the woods with a bedroll and a knife.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit