There actually is ONE thing I can thank the WTS for.............

by Frannie Banannie 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I finally figured out that there IS one thing I can thank them for. You see, because they are so rigid, dogmatic and unmerciful in their teachings, doctrines and practices, when I finally realized THEY are wrong, it made me begin to examine the alleged holy scriptures authored by religious leaders from the past and to finally see that it's all man-made. When I believed strongly in bible writings, my view of reality was skewed effectively as a consequence. I also became fearful of things that were prescribed in the bible for humans to fear and even envisioned things just as spostles of old were alleged to have envisioned them. Funny thing is........today that phenomenon is called hallucinations. Yet people still look to those hallucinating storytellers for spiritual guidance in most facets of their lives.

So, thank you WTS, for showing me what a crock religion with all its trappings is, including the Watchtower Society. If you'd been merciful, flexible and more reasonable, I'd never have learned this about religion, including yours.

Frannie

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I couldn't agree more, Frannie. Thought the same thing.

Dave

• damselfly
    damselfly

Amen.

If I hadn't been raised in such an oppressive and judgemental environment I don't think I would be the openminded "live and let" person I am today.

Dams

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yeah, looking at life now without religion clouding the view is kinda like the difference between the heavy oppressive air and cloud cover before a storm.....and the rain-washed blue sky and refreshing breeze and sunshine that comes afterward.

Frannie

• cosmic
    cosmic

Frannie, you are a beautiful creature. Have you ever heard Annie Lennox's "Waiting In Vain"?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

No, Cosmic. Is it a song? How does it go?

Frannie

• cosmic
    cosmic

Yes, it is off of her "Medusa" CD. I would upload it to you but I think the board would have a cow (besides not letting me). Do you want the lyrics? If you have an email addr I would send it to you that way, provided you could recv it . It's 5.3 Mb in mp3 format.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thanks, Cosmic. I just downloaded the MP3 from Napster and listened to her. Now I'm no longer waiting in vain. (pun intended, but not in regard to Cosmic's offer to email MP3)

Frannie

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Frannie, I feel exactly the same about religion. After leaving the cult, I looked into the Bible a little more and found you don,t need to belong to a religion to have a relationship with God.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Gee I learned a lot more than that Frannie ,

Thanks to the WBTS I can now find any scripture in the bible in under 2 seconds, I can to sit looking at a wall for an hour without fidgeting, I can slip a tract under the tightest door frame, I can look people in the eye and tell them their religion stinks, I can knock on doors really loud with my fingertips and I can ignore anything other people are saying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit