Worst experiences with ex spouses

by greendawn 21 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

What were some of the worst experiences you had with ex spouses or ex boyfriends/girlfriends?

One of my ex girlfriends just left me suddenly without ever saying anything in advance and I never saw her again for a long time and that happened by coincidence. Her disappearence was totally unexpected.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

My ex and I started an accounting firm. It became very successful. This is no longer legally allowed in most states, but he transferred all assets under his control, including the business, into his mothers name. Then he filed for divorce. I was unable to go after those assets, because he didn't "own" them...his mother did.

Also, he held the divorce papers for over six months and had them delivered to me on our wedding anniversary.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Also, he held the divorce papers for over six months and had them delivered to me on our wedding anniversary.

Ouch! That's harsh.

I've just got the one ex spouse, he's not bad really thank goodness so no horror stories.

Dams

• Honesty
    Honesty

Had my pet Shih-Tzu euthanized because I was being rebellious to Jehovah's organization by not attending meetings or reading the Society's publications.

• damselfly
    damselfly

((((Honesty))))

Dams

• luna2
    luna2

Geeze, you guys have had some harsh experiences. I just found letters from some woman he'd been screwing...and then, later, after we'd mended (I thought) that first lesion, he left pictures on the dining room table. They weren't erotic pictures, just snaps of a woman...the kind you'd take of a girlfriend. I thought my heart was going to explode. Pretty stupid, huh? Not like I didn't have any warning.

Later, after we'd separated, he'd call and talk like he wanted to get back together. He asked if I'd move down to Kentucky and start over. I was wary, but said I'd think about it. Then, the very next weekend when he came up to IL for his monthly visit...he brought a girlfriend with him.

• jgnat
    jgnat

That's horrible, honesty. Until you shared that I thought I'd have you guys beat.

• He beat me the first time, while I was pregnant, punch to the stomach. My crime? I told my mom what we were paying in rent.
    • To punish me, he used to bite my baby son on the arm or leg, leaving bruises.
    • Once in a fit of rage he shook the crib apart so the mattress leaned at a dangerous angle. My baby son, in the crib, rolled in to the corner, crying. I begged to be allowed to pick my baby up but he threatened to beat me if I tried.
    • He would kick me in the shins when we walked because I didn't "walk right".
    • I had myself checked at a doctor's when I finally left him. I had bruises all over my body from beatings over many weeks. From a broom handle, thrown item, pinches, whipped with a bit of tubing, etc. At the time I wondered if I was really abused because I didn't have black eyes or a broken arm like they show in the abused women's posters.
    • After I left he showed up at my parent's home for a visit and abducted with my son. The police said they could do nothing because we didn't have a custody agreement. At our next counselling session, I noticed a bite-sized bruise on my baby son's cheek. I confronted him on it and he ran out of the session.
    • He tried running off to Montreal after that. By pure fluke (or divine intervention. He sat beside a suspicious British High Commissioner of Canada) he got caught and my son was returned to me.
    • Four years later, I filed for divorce. He complained about the poor quality of my hand-made curtains I'd left behind.

I didn't bother arranging visitation or requesting child support. I was happy enough to walk away with my two children and the clothes on my back.

• Twenty years later, he introduced my son to hard drugs. He told my son that the superior qualities of these drugs, developed by the Nazis, have been suppressed by our government.
  • Honesty
    Honesty
    That's horrible, honesty. Until you shared that I thought I'd have you guys beat.
    • He beat me the first time, while I was pregnant, punch to the stomach. My crime? I told my mom what we were paying in rent.
    • To punish me, he used to bite my baby son on the arm or leg, leaving bruises.
    • Once in a fit of rage he shook the crib apart so the mattress leaned at a dangerous angle. My baby son, in the crib, rolled in to the corner, crying. I begged to be allowed to pick my baby up but he threatened to beat me if I tried.
    • He would kick me in the shins when we walked because I didn't "walk right".
    • I had myself checked at a doctor's when I finally left him. I had bruises all over my body from beatings over many weeks. From a broom handle, thrown item, pinches, whipped with a bit of tubing, etc. At the time I wondered if I was really abused because I didn't have black eyes or a broken arm like they show in the abused women's posters.
    • After I left he showed up at my parent's home for a visit and abducted with my son. The police said they could do nothing because we didn't have a custody agreement. At our next counselling session, I noticed a bite-sized bruise on my baby son's cheek. I confronted him on it and he ran out of the session.
    • He tried running off to Montreal after that. By pure fluke (or divine intervention. He sat beside a suspicious British High Commissioner of Canada) he got caught and my son was returned to me.
    • Four years later, I filed for divorce. He complained about the poor quality of my hand-made curtains I'd left behind.

I didn't bother arranging visitation or requesting child support. I was happy enough to walk away with my two children and the clothes on my back.

• Twenty years later, he introduced my son to hard drugs. He told my son that the superior qualities of these drugs, developed by the Nazis, have been suppressed by our government.

I'd rather have my dog mistreated than my child, jgnat. At least you got yours away from him. My ex has my son and her daughter trapped in the cult with her.

• luna2
    luna2

(((jgnat))) That just breaks my heart. Your ex sounds like a psycho. While reading your list, I envisioned myself behind the wheel of big truck "accidently" running the bastard down and then backing up over his prone body a few times. Ugh.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, he hasn't changed in 25 years. He's a little depressed right now because all his best friends have died in drug overdoses.

On the other hand, what do you think of me? Am I a victim now? It's true. A life well led is the best revenge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit