I just received an email regarding the CoC book...

by kittyeatzjdubs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

It's a good book. Everyone should read it.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    True that, that's what makes Penton more interesting in that "Bill O'reilly kinda way". Penton lets his world view and biases skew his work. He needs to find a happy medium IMO. Ray Franz, if you can stomach the boredom, is a much more effective at letting his presented facts shape his conclusions.

So then....................what you obviously are stating is..............................................................................................

You really don't care about TRUTH!

It makes my day when I read ramblings by another perceived "expert" on the feelings and experiences of XJW's.

HappyDad

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

hmm...822 views so far...

I think it's the avatar

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Death Pixie

Nah, I made an observation that people plagerize Ray Franz....... Nice try though.

Sorry, I wasn't trying anything. I must have misread (or your pixels weren't clear) what you meant to say.

As far as CoC, it's hard for me to understand why you would want to criticize the factual inside info provided by someone way inside the borg -- who saw the fallacy of it and rejected it with much personal loss to him and his family.

I would and do say, "Kudos", to anyone who does that. Don't you ?

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Here kitty-kitty-kitty...I'm sorry we were not paying enough attention to you sweetie ! The rest of the thread is yours, baby !

• Ticker
    Ticker

Crisis of Conscience is an excellent book and read. So is his follow up sequal "In Search of Christian Freedom". Every ex witness' library should adourn these two books. No other book can give you the insider view of the JW governing body as these two can.

Also in response to the comment about Penton's book being much better, thats a matter of opinion and how you look at it. From the stand point of an fair insider's view no book compares with C of C.

Ticker

• Swan
    Swan

I was depressed several weeks ago and bought a bunch of stuff online too. There were some sales and... I didn't even remember what all I had bought until it arrived. Most of the stuff I like, but I probably could have held off until a better time, like when I actually have some extra money, when the taxes show a refund, or I win the lottery.

So a lot of places send this stuff from different distribution points, not all in one shipment. So every other day or so I would get a package.

I bought DVDs for Battlestar Galactica Season One, three The Mountain T-Shirts, Breakheart Pass DVD, Jurassic Park DVD, S is for Silence, Fast Times at Ridgemont High DVD, The Bourne Identity DVD, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, Timecop DVD, Terminator 3 DVD, Elder Scrolls Morrowind, and three books on writing. I think that's everything and hope something else doesn't show up I'll have to pay for.

I don't know what gets into me sometimes.

I guess I can look at it as coming from the money not spent on religious literature or contributions to the worldwide witness work.

Tammy

• Mary
    Mary
    DTTP droned: I found Ray Franz to be a total bore in his books

Bullshit. You more than likely have never even read it. Or perhaps you started reading it but there weren't enough pictures in the book to entertain your pea-sized brain...........what a knob.......

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

No doubt being tongue-in-cheek eh Marry?

As far as pictures, there were too many. Like the bit with the tapes in his "Aftermath". Homeboy documents each of his letters (which tries the patience of any sane person) and puts them in full in the book. Maybe a recap of this story Mr. Franz?

Now c'mon, this is Kitties thread.......... make fun of her.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

BTW, kitty, could you post some pictures of your workout for us?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Haven't read Penton's, so can't compare. But, I can say, that COC was a great read and I highly recommend it. It is a personal testimony of Franz' struggle to be true to God rather than a man made organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit