I just received an email regarding the CoC book...

by kittyeatzjdubs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

...apparently I ordered a copy over the internet in a drunken online shopping rage.heehee...I had just gotten my brand new Visa platinum card in the mail...and everyone knows that alcohol, credit cards, and the internet DO NOT go well together. It would also seem that I ordered the Carmen Electra's Stripaerobics DVD and a Littermaid Electric litterbox.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

BTW...I am glad I ordered the book...been meaning to read it for awhile.

luv, jojo

• rhian
    rhian

jojo,

I think you'll like the book. It does drag in spots; RF gives SO MANY examples of what he's talking about, which is good and bad -- the evidence is undeniable, but at times you may think "okay, I've GOT the POINT!" -- and he repeats a lot of what he says in various ways at times -- but overall, I think it should be required reading for anyone even remotely associated with the WTBTS.

I also thought during the first part of the book that he was dwelling too much on OLD history -- and I wanted to say, "Okay, but give me some current proof that this is still happening." But when I got to the chapter "Point of Decision" it all began to come together, and it was clear that the gears that had been put into motion in the 1800s and early 1900s are still grinding today.

No more guilt for me for leaving.

rhian

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    It would also seem that I ordered the Carmen Electra's Stripaerobics DVD

Screw my gym membership, I'm coming over to your house to workout now

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I just started to read it yesterday, for me it was like reliving something I had been through before. It amazes me how they villify the man but if you are at bethel and talk to those that were around during that time the stories jell together.

• deeskis
    deeskis

don't u remember jojo, u also bought beth sarim too!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Kitty, I totally understand. When in this condition, I seem to order shoes!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    don't u remember jojo, u also bought beth sarim too!

$hit!!! Wait...does that mean I'm part of the GB now?

lol @ virgochick...I called Matt during lunch today and talked to him about it. He was like, ''You don't remember?! You got completely pissed at me because I took your card away from you!''

ooops...

heehee

luv, jojo

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

LOL LOL Must use caution when doing all three

on internet, I did that and I got [2] of everything.

lol it was cheaper to just keep it , they were books.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    everyone knows that alcohol, credit cards, and the internet DO NOT go well together

Oh, I don't know, you got a priceless book, you'll get some exercise, and you don't have to worry about letting the cat out.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Jojo

I have done the same thing, only gotten drunk and bidded on all kinds of sh!t on ebay, LOL and won some, lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit