i have a question

by brandon_the many 90 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brandon_the many
  • Honesty
    Honesty
    Reason that God and Jesus are never in the same place.

Same goes with Jesus and the Holy Spirit:

John 16:7 It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you.

Why can't Jesus and the Holy Spirit be in the same place at the same time?

• brandon_the many
    brandon_the many

John 16:7 (KJV)

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Appears that Jesus is referring to the Holy Spirit. Your question contradicts its self...The Lord is everywhere at once. you left out the last passage..

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Appears that Jesus is referring to the Holy Spirit. Your question contradicts its self...The Lord is everywhere at once. you left out the last passage.

Brandon,

The verse says no such thing. If it does please explain how?

Joseph

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

J malik

Because only the human race created by this Word, that would now become our Savior is being discussed in this introduction by John.

What about John 1:3

Do you see animals or plants in it anywhere? Does the word “all” mean animals and plants to you? If so why?

Why? Because the verse says "all" things, (not all [other] things)

All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

I think the verse says "not anything"

I thought the word "all" meant all.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I thought the word "all" meant all.

Elderwho,

All things underdiscussion which in this case is humanity and all its races. If you are trying to say that "all" means everything in this verse then where is your evidence? Everything or anything non-human is not being discussed by John in his gospel. After all the next verses which say:

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

On what basis then do you add to the word of God something other that what is actually under discussion? Words like "all" and "not anything" do not alter such truth.

Joseph

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

J Malik,

You have an interesting take on the context of the phrase "anything that was made" unless you can enlighten upon everything else in the creation the was created and the specifics thereof.

On what basis then do you add to the word of God something other that what is actually under discussion? Words like "all" and "not anything" do not alter such truth.

How am I adding anything to what the passage clearly states? You ask for a basis for my statement, here it is:

Joh 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2
    The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3
    All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.
    Unless your implying that humans are "things." If so why doesnt John just say humans instead of things?

Everything or anything non-human is not being discussed by John in his gospel. After all the next verses which say:

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Your claim is "its not being discussed" what is the basis of that claim? Further your not addressing verse 3.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

The word was an imaginary friend.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Unless your implying that humans are "things." If so why doesnt John just say humans instead of things?

Elderwho,

Of course humans are the things described by John. It is the Greek meanings and not some English translation that counts. Do you see the word humans anywhere in scripture? The word all things means:

3956 pav pas pas

including all the forms of declension; TDNT-5:886,795; adj

AV-all 748, all things 170, every 117, all men 41, whosoever 31, everyone 28, whole 12, all manner of 11, every man 11, no +3756 9, every thing 7, any 7, whatsoever 6, whosoever + 3739 + 302 3, always + 1223 3, daily + 2250 2, any thing 2, no + 3361 2, not tr 7, misc 26; 1243

1) individually

1a) each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything

2) collectively

2a) some of all types ++++

..." the whole world has gone after him" Did all the world go after Christ? "then went all Judea, and were baptized of him in Jordan." Was all Judea, or all Jerusalem, baptized in Jordan? "Ye are of God, little children," and the whole world lieth in the wicked one". Does the whole world there mean everybody? The words "world" and "all" are used in some seven or eight senses in Scripture, and it is very rarely the "all" means all persons, taken individually. The words are generally used to signify that Christ has redeemed some of all sorts --some Jews, some Gentiles, some rich, some poor, and has not restricted His redemption to either Jew or Gentile ... (C.H. Spurgeon from a sermon on Particular Redemption)

What else besides man is being discussed as being part of this all things by John? I asked for evidence and you simply recycled the text as if this word after being translated says it all. A word that you do not understand.

Now you know the basis for my claims. I am still waiting for yours.

Joseph

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Now you know the basis for my claims. I am still waiting for yours.

Joseph

AV-all 748, all things 170, every 117, all men 41, whosoever 31, everyone 28, whole 12, all manner of 11, every man 11, no +3756 ; 9, every thing 7, any 7, whatsoever 6, whosoever + 3739 + 302 ; 3, always + 1223 ; 3, daily + 2250 2, any thing 2, no + 3361 2, not tr 7, misc 26; 1243

You quote a definition an pick out what you want, I'll do the same and perhaps you will see my basis.

G3956

pa??

pas

pas

Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole: - all (manner of, means) alway (-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no (-thing), X throughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.

You seem to be stuck on the "one" part as you feel it is personified. I checked my dictionary and the word all still means all.

The above coupled with other verses is ample proof for my basis. However you are now in the position to refute other scriptures that back up my basis.

Your theory might work if John had used:

G442

a?????´p????

anthro¯pinos

anth-ro'-pee-nos

From G444; human: - human, common to man, man[-kind], [man-]kind, men’s, after the manner of men.

Do you see the word humans anywhere in scripture?

Yes.

EW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit