OUCH!!!!

by Dimples 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

SK,

You do know how I feel. The Frankenstein boot was funny. Isn't it amazing how you try to do something to make you feel better and end up worst off? My shoe looks so stupid like it is on the wrong foot. Basicilly looks like this:

Else....I am in pain not crazy! Thanks Dams for watching my back.

Dimples

• ferret
    ferret

Cortisone worked great for me. It's been 18 months and still no pain.

• Dimples
    Dimples

ferret,

Wow, that is good news. I hope it will work for me too. My left hip is killing me because I keep on shifting the weight to my left side so I won't put weight on my right foot. Yikes!

Dimples

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Yep...that's the one!! So purty....

BUT it did help, despite how it looked. Oh did I mention I was pregnant in the winter?? haha..try walking on that in the snow!

SK

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

I had a foot problem called plantar facitis. It hurt like hell. They tried braces and even casting my foot! None of it helped. I also had the injection in the foot. It does hurt like hell, especially in the days following. It helped for 2 months, then the pain came right back. Finally after 18 months of pain, I had foot surgery. It was the easiest and least painful of surgeries I have had thus far. after the swelling went down, the pain went away and never came back again!

Ask your doctor about plantar facitis. That is probably what it is. They can do surgery. It helped me tremendously!

Hawkeye

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I feel for you girl. I had a horrible foot pain for months a few years ago. It took about 5 visits to the chiropractor, and on the last one he really worked it and bing! Instant relief.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Dimples, I've had tendonitis in my foot before and also, very badly sprained ankles, several times over. The best remedy for sprained muscles is to slather the sprained area with Vicks Vaporub (yeah, that old stuff), then put a sock over it and wrap it snugly with an ace bandage for overnight. It surely can't hurt a strained tendon to do this and it very well could help. The other thing I did that relieved the tendonitis is to wear very padded athletic shoes with LOTS of support. That did the trick, because the relief was almost instant.

Hope these ideas help, or that someone else gives you ideas that help.

Frannie

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thanks...Hawkeye, pennycandy and Frannie,

I appreciate all the advice. The injection of cortisone is making my foot feel better but I am scared as Hawkeye said that it may hurt more in the next couple of days. That is the same thing my doctor said.

pennycandy...chiropractor huh? Who would of guessed that. Amazing!

Frannie,

Vicks vaporub? Sure wouldn't hurt. I could kill 2 birds with one stone, help my foot and clear my stuffed nostrils.

Dimples

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Vicks vaporub? Sure wouldn't hurt. I could kill 2 birds with one stone, help my foot and clear my stuffed nostrils.

Yeppers. I went around with a badly sprained ankle for several months before someone told me about the Vicks remedy. It was 95% better OVERNIGHT.

• Poodles
    Poodles

Hi Dimples

A few years ago when i was still jogging i developed Plantar Fasciitis in both feet underneath! This happened three years apart and the doctor gave me Cortizone injections in the heel of my foot! Man, what pain that was! I almost cried but i am not the type to cry easy!! I do understand the pain you went thru! He gave the shots two weeks apart!

I have found out something about myself and that is i can take alot of pain w/o crying!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit