OUCH!!!!

by Dimples 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

Well, my foot has been hurting for a month now on the side of my right foot. The pain got real bad and I went to the ER.They took x-rays and said everything looked o.k. I made an appointment to follow up with a podiatrist. I went to him 2 weeks ago and he said it looked like I pulled a tendon in my foot. He gave me some Celebrex and told me he would see me again in 2 weeks. I took the Celebrex for a couple of days and it hurt my stomach so bad and also caused problems with bleeding, that I stopped taking it. I went to see him again today and he gave me a cortisone shot it my foot, needless to say that hurt like hell. I am wearing a ugly looking post op shoe for support, that I have been wearing since I went to the ER and he wants me to continue wearing until I see him again in 2 weeks. Have any of you had this problem and when can I expect to feel better? I know a co-worker who had the same problem and 2 years later she says she is still not fully recovered. Some of you may remember that in August I had neck surgery. I am just so tired, you get better with one thing and then another thing pops up. Every since I hit 30 years of age seems like everything is just going down hill for me. Good grief...what next!

Dimples

• KW13
    KW13

Well i don't know much regarding this but i am sorry this happened, nothing worse than not being able to move and function as normal!

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thanks KW13,

I am still trying to figure out how I hurt my foot. I do remember stepping off of a curb wrong but I also always seem to drop things on my feet. Just clumsy sometimes or shall I say most of the time

Dimples

• damselfly
    damselfly
    pulled a tendon in my foot.

He was able to tell you that by how? Palpation (feeling)? Or thru a diagnostic test?

The healing time depends on how much of the tendon was torn, a few of the connective tissue fibers? or completely away from the bone? Also the tendon of what muscle? If it's a dynamic muscle used for movement versus one used for stability it will slow the healing time.

The next time you see him you might want to see if he can recommended some rehabilitation exercises for you or refer you to someone who can to ensure that it heals correctly.

Dams

• xjwms
    xjwms

So sorry about your foot and pains

I felt the same when I hit 30

worse at 40 and oh my gawd is 50 this bad.

I stopped going to meetings......and have been doing better

• Dimples
    Dimples

dams...

He was able to tell you that by how? Palpation (feeling)? Or thru a diagnostic test?

Actually he didn't do much..felt my foot on the sore area. He told me that if it wasn't better in 2 weeks he will do an MRI. Thanks for the info and suggestions. I will have better questions for him when I go back.

xjwms...

Thanks...wow looks like I have a lot to look forward to huh? I am glad that you are no longer going to meetings, that made me feel better too!

Dimples

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

When I was preggo with my son I took water aerobics. Somehow I managed, according the doctor, to slip the tendon on my big toe of my right foot. I was in massive pain until I finally went to the doc, and he put me in a "boot" which stablized my foot and made me look like Frankenstein...well a pregnant Frankenstein anyway. And it reinforced my belief that exercise will kill you eventually

SO!! I sympathize with your pain!! Ain't no fun!

Hope you feel better.

SK

• damselfly
    damselfly
    it reinforced my belief that exercise will kill you eventually

Too funny!

He told me that if it wasn't better in 2 weeks he will do an MRI.

good! it should tell him a bit more about what is going on. Be sure to get it treated properly foot and ankle injuries can gradually cause problems all up your spinal column (posture related)

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Matt. 5: 30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. (Reference Mt. 18.8 and Mk. 9.43)

• damselfly
    damselfly

Dimples Don't do it!!! Back away from the shiny object.

**Wags finger @ Else tsk tsk tsk!**

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit