WANTED: WTS Publications Do You Have Any Of These?

by whyizit 13 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

A lot of the older publications that some of you have mentioned are on e-bay. I have a copy of The Harp of God that I only paid $5 for! That's a handy little version of the "truth" to have around! :)

I could really use the actual publications, so that I can hand them out and go over them in a class-type setting. Get the people accustomed to what is being used NOW by JWs when they wish to conduct a study with them. Show the best subjects to tackle as they go along, and the ones that are best to let go until later. That way they are familiar with the materials before hand and can be ready with questions. I'm not real fast on my feet, so I have to think about things for awhile before the questions come to me. If we can do this BEFORE hand, it will better prepare them for the debates to ensue.

The first two publications I was handed by my JW friends were the Knowledge book, and the What Does God Require? brochure. The Can Blood Save Lives? came later, as did the Trinity brochure.

The one lady got so frustrated with all of our questions, she gave me her Reasoning From The Scriptures book and never even asked for it back! I don't know why she gave it to me, because SHE couldn't even find any of the answers to my questions in it!

• blondie
    blondie

whyzit, she gave you the Reasoning book and not the bible to find the answers to your questions?! That tells you something, doesn/t it?

Blondie

• whyizit
    whyizit

Funny you should mention that, Blondie!

I actually asked her once, while she was in her frenzy of looking up what the Bible must be saying....

"Why do you go to THAT book all the time? I thought you said you believed the BIBLE! Is THAT your BIBLE?"

She just got a blank look on her face and sat completely silent for a few minutes. And if you had ever met her, you would know that complete silence is not her speciality!

• Severus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit