WANTED: WTS Publications Do You Have Any Of These?

by whyizit 13 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

I'm currently becoming involved in educating Christians in my church about the beliefs of the JWs and how to effectively witness to them.

I would especially like to have copies of What Does God Require?, Knowledge That Leads To Everlasting Life, Can Blood Save Your Life?, and Should You Believe In The Trinity?

If you have any extras of these that you would like to pass on to help Christians learn how to ask thought provoking Questions of their JW friends and family, that is what I would be using them for.

I would like to obtain them from regular posters, so that I can make sure my personal information does not get into the "wrong" hands.

Thanks for any help you can give.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm pretty sure I've got all the above mentioned publications at home somewhere. I'll take a look for them and get back to you.

• Honesty
    Honesty

If I don't have all of them I will ask one of my 'independant thinking' JW friends who don't treat me as a leper if they can pick some up or order them at the littteraturd counter.

• gumby
    gumby

There are also many books, tapes, video's etc. that deal specifically with the beliefs of Jehovahs Witnesses. Also websites giving permission to copy articles on "how to effectively "witness" to Jehovah's Witnesses.

These books provide documentation of Watchtower quotes and beliefs and may be more helpful than actual Watchtower publications as they show the fallicies for you by making comparisons with other Watchtower literature that contradict each other. They point out lies, false predictions, changes in policy that results in deaths and family breakups.

Or....you can do as you said and these things I suggested you could use in addition to them. Your doing a nobel thing BTW...as far as keeping ones aware of a cult such as they are since churches are where they get many recruits. Here's a site where books on them can be found with many articles about them also, http://www.freeminds.org/

Gumby

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I just gathered up 2 boxes of books the other day and couldnt decide what to do with them. I check to see what I have and let you know.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

download the CD-ROM then you will have all electronically

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    download the CD-ROM then you will have all electronically

where is it? -Aude.

• whyizit
    whyizit

Thanks for the responses!

I have a whole lotta videos, books, CDs, etc.....on how to witness to JWs.

Have tried many questions from these resources that made the "light go on" in the eyes of a few of my JW friends.

If we prepare Christians for what they teach, why it doesn't make sense Biblically, and how to ask the right questions (with the right attitude), I think we could get the seeds planted for future freedom in many JWs lives! Unfortunately, the Christian community is afraid and ill prepared for it. The Holy Spirit does not bless ignorance, so we have to educate those who are called to try to witness to the JWs.

I've used the Blood brochure very effectively! If we can be aware of the publications they will hand us, and prepare them for the conversation that is going to take place, this will prepare the Christian to stay on the topic at hand and to stay calm. No blind-siding with out-of-context Scriptures!

It could also keep them from being pulled into an argument. And show them that we aren't all demon- infested, ear-tickled morons who don't know our Bible. There are lots of us who care, but not many who know how to reach out. I have quite a group coming together that want to learn more. It could make a huge impact. Think about it.....how many doors did YOU knock on where a Christian knew the right questions to ask? One of my JW friends has been in for 40 years. I said, "I'm sure we aren't the only ones who have asked these questions." She said NOT even one time had they met anyone who asked the questions we did, and she just did not know how to answer us.

That needs to happen more. Don't you think?

• hubert
    hubert

Check out used book stores. I picked up some j.w. books there.

You can almost definitely find an NWT bible, a "Knowledge" book, a "You Can Live Forever in Paradise Earth" book. (a must), plus some old Rutherford books.

Good hunting.

Hubert

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have picked up quite a few goodies in our local internet auction site. I got one yesterday.

Keep an eye on Ebay. I often see some really good ones there, but it it is inconvenient and expensive to get them sent to NZ.

I am looking for a Paradise book too. If any Kiwis have a spare one, please pm me.

Don't forget to keep an eye out for literature that they have misquoted from, eg. 'Paganism in Christianity' by Arthur Weigal, quoted in the 'Trinity' brochure. Showing them the full text of misleading quotations is a very useful tool.

Good luck

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit