Beware of those adjectives!

by ozziepost 22 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Fredhall:

You are an amusing little weasal. Someday I look forward to welcoming you into the "new world" of intellectual freedom. Until then, HAVE A NICE DAY!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Thanks Drahcir

• blondie
    blondie

Rutherford and his wife, Mary, lived separate lives, his in NYC and at Beth Sarim in California, and she with her son, Malcolm, in California....even when JFR was in California, Rutherford and his wife did not live together. Mary and Malcolm are now deceased. As far as I know, Mary and JFRutherford were never divorced although separated...she died a faithful witness per the Proclaimers book. It is amazing that nothing of this was even mentioned in the publications (that I know of) until the Proclaimers book which surprised me. I have contacts back to the 1920's as far as the history of JWs. The elders are so strict about marital separations now for the ordinary folk at the KH. JFR's place was with his wife as her spiritual head...God could have found someone else to run the WTS, but only he, as her husband, could be her spiritual head....sounds like he fell down in the husband and father responsibilities.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Blondie,

I never saw or heard of a perfect couple.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

There is definitly no such thing as the perfect couple, but ol' Joe really dropped the ball on this one. Maybe Joe never heard of marital counceling.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Ozzie:

Your statement regarding JFR not rearing Malcolm is incorrect.

• larc
    larc

Folks,

Back to the subject of Rutherford's talk. This is probably the talk where he told the children that when they grow up they should not get married and have children of their own, because the end was so near and they should devote all their time to the preaching work. That talk was given nearly 60 years ago. So much for a sense of urgency.

I bet the WT article left that part out.

• blondie
    blondie

MA, that might be true...I think Malcolm might have been in his early 20's when JFR became President in 1918. But he certainly set a bad example as to living apart from his wife...the brothers I know of left Bethel to take care of their wives when their wives became too ill to stay there...

Malcolm's DOB 11/10/1892 per Social Security Death List
    makes him 26 in 1918

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Ozzie,

It reminds me of the adulation of despots like Mao Tse Tung and Stalin who were written about during their regimes in similar language to this article. - ozzie

When Stalin says "dance" - a wise man dances. Kruschev (sp?)

He also had quite a temper and showed little mercy for those who made the mistake of crossing him. - dy

It does sound like Rutherford and Stilin were somewhat alike in personality.

Fred Hall

Before you start, just hush.

waiting

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Waiting,

Bite my this cat tail

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit