Japan's rich buy organs from executed Chinese prisoners

by flyphisher 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

Hundreds of well-off Japanese and other nationals are turning to China's burgeoning human organ transplant industry, paying tens of thousands of pounds for livers and kidneys, which in some cases have been harvested from executed prisoners and sold to hospitals.

see: http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article352535.ece

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

This is another example of where the doctrines of religion actually support morality. To avoid organ transplants as was originally advised by the WTBTS would actually avoid such cannibalism as is patently the case here.

• Mary
    Mary
    Hundreds of well-off Japanese and other nationals are turning to China's burgeoning human organ transplant industry, paying tens of thousands of pounds for livers and kidneys, which in some cases have been harvested from executed prisoners and sold to hospitals.

This would've made a fantastic story line for an episode of The X-Files......have some rich alcoholic guy (whose liver is shot from drinking) buy the liver of an executed prisoner and slooooowly watch as the rich guy takes on the personality of the guy who was executed.........

Too bad they cancelled that show.......

• LDH
    LDH

Discovery Times News Channel did a show two weeks ago about the trade in India. Poor people selling a good kidney for a couple of hundred dollars.

Even worse, some of them have attempted to go back and ask for more money (of course this is all illegal) and they are murdered.

Lisa

• ferret
    ferret

If God created the earth will He not look after it?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Was there not a thread a while back in which a Canadian province advocated MANDATORY organ donation for anyone killed in an accident?

I am kind of a progressive science kind of guy, but I too find this organ market thing to be very creepy.

SF Literature reference: "The Late Mr. Elvesham" - short story by A. Conan Doyle. Old rich guy unexpectedly wills all his estate to healthy but poor young guy, has dinner with him to announce this gift, and then gives young guy a really special "after dinner drink". Young guy wakes up in the old guys house, drags himself out of bed, looks in mirror, and guess what?

He is the old guy!

BOO!!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    I am kind of a progressive science kind of guy, but I too find this organ market thing to be very creepy.

It's true.....the way they go about getting the organs is quite often, not very ethical. In some European countries, they kidnap healthy looking people off the street, drug you, take out whichever organ they need and sell it to the highest bidder.

I hope that, as stem cell research continues, that it will eventually render this whole market as null and void.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

And then those poor victims wake up in a bathtub filled with ice with a note informing them of their unfortunate plight....

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hallelujah:

This is another example of where the doctrines of religion actually support morality. To avoid organ transplants as was originally advised by the WTBTS would actually avoid such cannibalism as is patently the case here.

Not at all. This is not cannibalism, and while it may be an immoral way of obtaining organs for transplant, that does not mean it is sensible or moral to prohibit any organ transplants.

Personally I don't see a major problem with harvesting the organs of executed prisoners once you accept the death penalty. By committing a capital crime, a person forfeits all their rights. Their lives and their bodies become the property of the state. By providing these organs to those who need them, the Chinese government are saving lives. By selling the organs rather than giving them away, they are also able to raise money to support their justice system - everybody wins.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

If they are executed for their organs I would have a problem, otherwise I think it is a good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit