~Rewrite man made Watchtower rules thread~

by FlyingHighNow 16 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well golly, Steve, I wondered why I was issued straight out the door when I went to the meetin' with a black sister. They made us sit in the car for entire duration of the meetin'.

Gumby, didn't you realize yet that the gov bod aka as the old geezers of Bethel made up the masturbation stuff and they laughed and rolled around on the floor when they did it. They found it danged amusing to think that any brother or sister would ever take it seriously. They marveled at the mental and physical anguish a ban on masturbation would cause. To this day it's an inside joke. They have a secret code word for it and when they want to make the others laugh to the point of tears, they utter it.

Kate, I am kind of glad they insist that sisters shave their beards before entering a meeting.

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumbastard said: Masterbation is no innocent pastime, but most of the brothers here at bethel spank their monkeys anyways nearly every evening.

Gumbaby, your right arm must look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Guest speakers who showed up with a colored person were asked to change. One of several "white shirts", kept in the Kingdom Hall for just such emergencies, disposed of the incovenience.

LMAO @ Steve!!!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    22-Mar-06 00:14

Dayum, you night owls make me tired!!! I was in bed and snoring for at least two hours by the time you posted this thread, Flyin!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

oooo, oooo, I finally got one!!! Here goes: Obviously, then, the elders in one congregation went "beyond the things that are written" a few years ago by requiring every sister to not cut her hair any shorter than shoulder length, even though short hair styles were generally acceptable in that country, as one sister who was so approached and admonished rudely, even being addressed as "brother" pointed to a recent Awake magazine with a sister sporting the latest short style. Sisters who showed up with a short haircut were asked to don one of several "Rapunzelesque" wigs kept in the Kingdom Hall for just such emergencies. How careful we have to be in order not to impose our personal taste on others! And how appropriate Paul’s counsel: "Let your reasonableness become known to all men AND women"!—Philippians 4:5. Terri of the "boy was I pissed when it happened to me" class

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    22-Mar-06 00:14
    Dayum, you night owls make me tired!!! I was in bed and snoring for at least two hours by the time you posted this thread, Flyin!

Yes, you busted me up posting doing job searches and posting my resume on line.

one of several;"Rapunzelesque" wigs kept in the Kingdom Hall for just such emergencies.

Terri, I love this! This is so ridiculous and sexist. The poor babies want every sister looking like a sex symbol. Afterall, long hair is sexy. I hear that all the time. Short hair is butch. If I was a little thinner, I'd wear my hear in a pixie. I'd have to have a couple of wigs for KH emergencies though.

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit