~Rewrite man made Watchtower rules thread~

by FlyingHighNow 16 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Join me in some good natured fun.

Take the quote below, compliments of Blondie, and insert ridiculous Watchtower rules that go beyond scripture. Below it is an example I came up with.

Obviously, then, the elders in one congregation went "beyond the things that are written" a few years ago by requiring every public speaker in their congregation to wear a white shirt, even though pastel colors were generally acceptable in that country. Guest speakers who showed up with a colored shirt were asked to change into one of several white shirts kept in the Kingdom Hall for just such emergencies. How careful we have to be in order not to impose our personal taste on others! And how appropriate Paul’s counsel: "Let your reasonableness become known to all men"!—Philippians 4:5.

My example:

Obviously, then, the elders in one congregation went "beyond the things that are written" a few years ago by requiring everyone to attend meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses, even though Jesus said that "Where ever two or more of you are gathered in my name, I am there (Or some such sentiment). People, especially those baptized, those studying, the family and children of the former, who were found not attending each and every meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses were badgered & encouraged to tremble in fear of the Great and Powerful Jehovah and his penchant for human blood. How careful we have to be in order not to impose our personal taste on others! And how appropriate Paul’s counsel: "Let your reasonableness become known to all men"!—Philippians 4:5.
  • gumby
    gumby
    Join me in some good natured fun.

So....you wanna run naked together through some lillyfields

ok ok....I'll try and think of some example like you gave.....but it's hard for me dammit!

Gumdumb

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Concentrate Gumby!

Humm I'll think of one too....

• gumby
    gumby
    Concentrate Gumby!

Everytime I try Kate, I fall asleep and dream about bein a mormon with several hot wives! I can't do it I tell ya...I just CANT!!!!!!!!!

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    So....you wanna run naked together through some lillyfields

Only if the good fairy will tink me with her lil magic wand and make my body look like it did when I was 27 again.

I can't wait to see what y'all come up with, Gumb-lillith and Kate.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I can't wait to see what y'all come up with, Gumb-lillith and Kate.

Shhhhh.......I'm thinkin! I'ts just that I hate all that Bible stuff!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Obviously, then, the elders in one congregation went "beyond the things that are written" a few years ago by requiring every public speaker in their congregation to be white, even though colored people were generally acceptable in that country. Guest speakers who showed up with a colored person were asked to change. One of several "white shirts", kept in the Kingdom Hall for just such emergencies, disposed of the incovenience. How careful we have to be in order not to impose our personal taste of others! And how appropriate Paul’s counsel: "Let your reasonableness become known to all men"!—Philippians 4:5.

steve

• gumby
    gumby

Watchtower May 15 1970, p. 315 Avoiding the Snare of Homosexuality

Helpful in this regard, then, is appreciating the fact that autoeroticism or masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice that can lead to homosexual acts. How so? In that self-induced masturbation may make it easier and more tempting for one to engage in mutual masturbation, which is a form of homosexuality. Sincerely striving against this practice will go far to protect a youth.

Masterbation is no innocent pastime, but most of the brothers here at bethel spank their monkeys anyways nearly every evening.This can lead to homosexuality as we learned from brother Greenless and Chitty who's arses we had to boot from bethel. Youths who sincerely strive to avoid this practice spank their monkeys more, usually commit immorality, or have blueballs the size of beachballs.

Your brothers, Watchtower Bible and tract Society

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Awe here ya go:

Leviticus 19:27

"You shall not cut the hair on the sides of your heads, neither shall you clip off the edge of your beard."

1. Unless you are attending one of the five weekly meetings.

2. You must attend all of the five weekly meetings as we know this is the key to everlasting life.

3. You can't have any Congregational responsibilities privileges unless you are clean shaved and the
    hair on your head does not touch the top of your crisply ironed starched white shirt collar.

4. This includes the sisters.

Amen!

Above scripture quote borrowed from ballistic's thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/110186/1.ashx

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LMAO @ gumby! You have a one track mind.......in the gutter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit