"Jehovah" DoesNot Prevent "Demon Possession"

by metatron 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

One of the enduring myths of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses is that it somehow prevents attacks by the demons. In reality,

nothing could be further from the truth.

How is "demon possession" or demon attack outwardly defined? If you define it by a manifestation of a seizure or violent fit,

then clearly, there are JW's who continue to suffer from epileptic seizures. Becoming a Witness doesn't cure them.

But suppose you define "demon possession" by finding people who claim to be overcome or seized by other personalities?

Here again, by this definition, being a Witness doesn't necessarily prevent this. How so? Because there are now plenty

of Witnesses now claiming to have "multiple personalities", being regularily overcome by "alters".

The Society hasn't been able to overcome or address this contradiction - and it still continues in many congregations.

As to defining the "multiple personality" state, one can only quote the wisdom of one bureaucrat ( spoken about taxes)

"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it''s a duck!". Some brothers conclude that first century Christians could not

define this malady any other way, other than "demon possession".

Whatever "demon possession" might be, it should be clear that when Witnesses claim to be overcome by other personalities

and pushed into behaviors they find inappropriate ( including hallucinations, anorexia, or being able to hold a job)

then the "demon" problem remains - and simply "calling on Jehovah" by name, doesn't work.

Facts like this should wake up existing Witnesses to clear away the false security they feel enables them to accuse others

of having "demon influence" - while it is openly in congregations, in a practical sense. Thus, the nonsense about

Halloween or the fear of reading Harry Potter - and this while the Watchtower also collects millions of pieces of paper with

occult symbols printed on them! * It doesn't "work" !

metatron ( * the dollar bill - the 'all seeing eye')

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

This reminds me of a visiting speaker who came to our cong one day sometime back in the mid 70s when I was in the WTS. This was the time when several movies were coming out, depicting demonic activity, and as a result there was a hightened sensitivity to the subject on the part of the JWs.

Evidently presuming himself to be a "demon expert" he went to great lengths to demonstrate how we could protect ourselves from demon visitation. He dramatically whipped out a WT magazine and held it before his face. Rather than see you, it was essential to make the ''demon'' see the WT, especially the magic word ''jehovah'' which is displayed on every WT cover.

It was the hysterically funny theatricality of it all that made the talk memorable, rather than the information presented. I daresay we all felt well armed when we went out on the field service!

Cheers

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

oh, spooky! lol.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Oh, come on. Every time I feel a demon possession coming on, all I have to do is say "Jehovah" and the demons bugger off.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

jehovus doesnt prevent demon attacks because he doesn't prevent anything. or cause anything. we'll just leave it at that for this evening.

TS

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Well said TS. Bodily possession is only verrified in the case of pathogens.

Split personality disorders are a fact. Calling out to Jehovah will not help such a person in any supernatural way. It may as a mantra help them to calm their mind if they find it comforting. Having read parts of the old testament, including Hosea 13:16, I can't see how any one could be comforted by thoughts of Jehovah.

It is simply the last surviving pagan imaginary god, even if the world's main superpower is devoted to it's service.

• startingover
    startingover

Although it's never been said to my face, I wouldn't be surprised if my JW friends and family think I am "demon possessed" just because I no longer think they have the truth and am willing to say so.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Demons

The root of all evil or poorly misunderstood?

Dams

• cosmic
    cosmic

?dessessop m'I fi rednow I .thgin tsal eivom rorroh a was I

• metatron
    metatron

sounds like "Twin Peaks" to me

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit