Told one of my Return Visits that I wont be coming around anymore

by XBEHERE 33 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Thanks for all of your support.... This was just my way of rebelling I guess since I am still going to meetings and havent told my wife a thing yet. Plus I do like this woman, been calling on her for years and I just cant stomach giving out literature claiming to be bible truth when I know its not. Of course I will still count her as a placement when I hand in my "sales report" at the end of every month if only just to screw with their figures.....haha.

• Clam
    Clam
    I remember a story of some apostates who parked near the Kingdom Hall on Saterday morning's and would follow a car group making Return Visits. After the car group pulled away from the house, the apostate bastards would go to that same door and leave anti-witness literature exposing the dubs...............lol ( well I thought it was funny anyway)

LOL - an APOSTATEMOBILE . . .

• gumby
    gumby

Hey ya one eyed bearded Clam.....ain't that unclebruce with his chest all stickin out and leading the pack?

Gumby

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

this is a case of holding something in for so long that it just comes out on it's own! LITERALLY!

you are carrying around so much XBEHERE. You did good though! Doesn't it feel awesome to just admit it to someone?!

Great story, thanks for sharing.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey nice one!

She was probably quite boggled, and really wants to know why you'd change your mind. I'd have given her more details so that she doesn't just become somebody else's call and get sucked in. Still, she'll probably be left alone for as long as it takes for JWs to work out you're not going back there.

It possibly time for you to start thinking about what lies ahead; in terms of planning an exit strategy that requires as little of your own pain as possible.

• bebu
    bebu

Wow! That took guts!

Please make sure you explain to her about the shunning issue that you will be dealing with--as would she, if she ever wished to leave the JWs after being baptized. That practice alone sheds a great deal of light, and will gain her sympathy.

I hope you will encourage her to investigate the 607/586 issue, too, which could help her recognize quickly the foundational problems of the WTBTS, and help her to drop them entirely (I hope!).

Again... bravo!!!!!

bebu

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Have you thought about dropping by when you're NOT out on FS to give her a better explanation?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Sounds like you are a really genuine person. No wonder you couldn't help yourself to speak the truth when you had the perfect opportunity? How was her reaction?

I agree that it would be good to go back. You said you like this lady already. Why not go back as a friend just to say hi next time you are in the area. Let her see that you are a normal person. It would be a fine anti-witness!

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

You rock......You did a cool thing...

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    But may I suggest that you not just flat out stop coming around anymore after your next explanatory visit. If you care about her, continue to visit occassionally, just as a regular guy, stopping to see how she is doing. Share a few encouraging thoughts non-JW-related. Show her you don't have to be "on a mission" to care about your "neighbors."
    I agree that it would be good to go back. You said you like this lady already. Why not go back as a friend just to say hi next time you are in the area. Let her see that you are a normal person. It would be a fine anti-witness!

I think you have a great opportunity for yourself (and her) to return in casual clothes - as if visiting a friend - and explain a little more. If this woman has gotten anything out of your visits with her, she may really appreciate the opportunity to return the favor and be a friend to you when you need one.

Amazing story though. Congrats. How does it feel 2 days after 'confession' ??

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit