What is Love?

by Soapydish 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Love is a stupid emotion that makes otherwise intelligent people do very stupid things.

W

• lola28
    lola28
    Love is a stupid emotion that makes otherwise intelligent people do very stupid things.

yup I think that might be it.

lola

• ballistic
    ballistic

Love is feelings you have for someone. When you can't go an hour without thinking about them and can't imagine life without them. Falling in love is exactly that, it's very difficult to stop. It has been described as temporary insanity and it can defy logic. In my personal experience I have only fallen in love a few times. I can even predict the type of woman I would fall in love with.

However I'm not sure this is what you are asking, if you can be more specific about the other things you mentioned.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

I agree with ballistic that sounds nice ...

im realising tho im crap at knowing what love is!!

• ballistic
    ballistic

aww Cordelia.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Going on the 43rd year of marriage, you'd think I could give you some insight, but alas, no can do! I do know that every "open marriage" I've seen never lasted. There's something to be said for dealing with issues forthrightly rather than running away from them. I also just read in Parade or some other insert in the sunday paper that marriages that start out with couples living together actually fail almost three times as often as those that follow a "traditional" path of getting married first then living together. Hope you find a way of working it out with your spouse. Hate to see the saddness of failure in a relationship.

carmel

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

love is an excuse... love is our way of saying, yeah i know i let her treat me like a dog, treat me like garbage...but common guys i was in love... love is an excuse, we know we are stupid, we know we need each other, love is just a way of saying that its all ok, cuz we were in love... love is the biggest escuse... next time ur boss asks you why you didnt show up for work, tell him you are in love... he'll forgive you

the infamous one

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When you have real love for someone, you just don't have any desire for anyone else. Love is sober. Love is not selfish. Love is not just infatuation or strong chemistry or physical attraction.

• jojochan
    jojochan

Yep.. that pretty much sums it. Or how about this one,

"Love is never having to say you are sorry."

Or better yet...here's my favorite right now,

"Like I say many times....Love is an illusion."-Jamie Cullum.

mho right now.

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit