WT FEB. 15 Barf quote on "Increasing Light"

by stillAwitness 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

"Accepting a change when it comes and adapting to it can be difficult," admits one longtime elder. What has helped him accept the many refinements he has witnessed in the 48 years that he has been a Kingdom proclaimer? He ansewrs: "Having the right attitude is the key. Refusing to accept a refinement is to be left behin as the organization moves ahead. (Sounds good to me!) If I find myself in a situation where changes seem hard to accept, I reflect on Peter's words to jesus: 'Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life.' Then I ask myself, 'Where shall I go away to-out there into the darkness of the world?' This helps me to hold firmly to God's organization." -John 6:68

Gimme a break WACKtower!

By the way, John 6:66-68 makes more sense: Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him. 67 Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: “Y OU do not want to go also, do YOU ?” 68 Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life; 69 and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

• kid-A
    kid-A

Then I ask myself, 'Where shall I go away to-out there into the darkness of the world?' This helps me to hold firmly to God's organization."

Translation: " I have painted myself into this corner by forfeiting my life, family, education and potential career for a group of senile old fart-knockers in Brooklyn, NY. If I left now, what the $&%* would I be able to do with the remainder of my wasted life?.....Guess I will stay here in the inebriating comfort of my glass house, peddling magazines for a publishing corporation....."

• LDH
    LDH
    "Accepting a change when it comes and adapting to it can be difficult," admits one longtime elder.

Here, I'll re-phrase.

"Accepting constant changes in doctrinal teachings that require you to pretend the past never happened is very difficult," admits one long-time elder.

Lisa

There, that's better Class

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    ansewrs:

haha freudian slip stilla? An sewers

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Then I ask myself, 'Where shall I go away to-out there into the darkness of the world?' This helps me to hold firmly to God's organization.

This is kind of like your wife / husband / partner saying to you "I'd leave you but theres no one better to run off with at the moment" It's not really the right attitude is it.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The article skims through the WTS' history and itemizes a number of doctrinal changes: like the great crowd staying on earth, who are the superior authorities in Romans (they fail to mention this was a flip-flop) and about the future separation of the sheep and goats.

They are curiously silent on the identity of "this generation". I don't think this particular beam of light should be hidden do you? Maybe I should attend and give that as an example in answer to question 19: "How has Jehovah provided more spiritual light for his people in recent years?"

• hereticult
    hereticult

Maybe they are preparing the crowd for some "new light" to come. That would be fun!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I really hate it now when they quote John 6:68 as it doesnt even have reference to the WTS but to Jesus Christ! Of course a christian wouldnt want to leave Jesus but leave a bunch of old men living in Brooklyn.......Whens the next bus?

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

From "whom" to "where" - a complete 180-degree twist of scripture to bend to WT dogma - in quite literally the same breath.

The totality of both the brainwashing and the mental blindness is at once breathtaking and frightening.

Lest we forget, we were all in that same mental black hole ourselves once, and I personally thank whatever Power there may be that I am free - as far as I am concerned, it is nothing short of a miracle.

"A blindness that touches perfection, but hurts just like anything else."

- from the song 'Isolation' by Joy Division

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I don't read the Wacktower anymore and depend on you sharp eyed people out there to keep me current.

This is a jaw-dropper. That a 48 yr veteran elder could make such a statement is amazing, but the fact that the WT quoted it as an example of a good attitude is beyond the pale. This is truly the stuff of a Kool-Aid cult.

1. Peter was speaking directly to Jesus H. Christ, not the Watchtower Society nor even any first century governing body of apostles. The context was that Jesus had just told his disciples that they must drink his blood and eat his flesh and most of the group were grossed out and walked away.

2. The Watchtower is thus saying that whatever comes out of their mouths is the same as if being proclaimed by JC himself.

3. They refer to their flip-flops as "refinements". These refinements fall into two main categories - A. Backing off on their past 'light' because time and circumstances have rendered that light completely false (i.e. generation of 1914, Kings of the North & South, etc.) B. "Refinements" to get them out of a spot that left them vulnerable to law$uits.

Meanwhile they allow their faithful followers in Malawi to suffer hardships while they pragmatically "refine" their position in Mexico.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit