I went to a "black" church this morning

by tsunami_rid3r 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Wow, they sure do focus a lot on praise worship, and the boring sermon was like 15 minutes. But there was homecooked food served in the back after the services. I think I might attend a catholic church next weekend. I don't know, any recommendations? Wicca and buddhist might be interesting.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I dont agree with segregating races in church - crazy

• damselfly
    damselfly

Besides the Kingdom Hall I've only ever been to a Catholic church. No matter what type of service (wedding,easter,xmas) loooooottttttssssss of up and down on your knees. Lots of reciting stuff too. I don't understand anything that goes on and only attend when staying with my boyfriend's family.

Dams

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Religion is based on ritual. I'd like to participate in that one celtic pagan ritual where everyone gets naked and paints themselves at night. Man thats hot.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    I think I might attend a catholic church next weekend. I don't know, any recommendations? Wicca and buddhist might be interesting

Now that is cool! I never thought about visiting othe churches. How else can I accompish my quest to find the right religion?

Most people say "black" churches where they claim they're catching the Holy Ghost is either them getting caught up with the beat of the music or being possessed Either way its sounds like you had a fun time.

And all I have been doing is reading this big ol' encyclopedia of all the religons of the world

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I went to a black Baptist church years ago and had a blast. The music was wonderful and the food afterwards...OMG...the best! I really felt like everyone really embraced my presence there and welcomed me with open arms. Had a wonderful experience.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

For real!!!! It felt like a big family. During the service, they had me and my friend stand up to welcome me to their congregation. I was kind of dozing off on the sermon though because I couldn't really understand that old pastor.

• gumby
    gumby

If you wanna see what people look like on LDS....I mean LSD, then go to a holy rollin, Church of God, demon luvin, sweatin on the brow, frothin at the mouth, wigglin, church. I went to about 3 and walked out in the first 10 minutes.

For those of you who are afraid of churches or are just now trying them out, you'll find good loving people that love god....just like the witnesses, but more friendly and lifelike. They too can become families like the dubs were and people who would die for their faith....just like the dubs. They grow and flourish....unlike the dubs. Just stay away from them holy rollin bastards and stick with the sane ones.

Gumby the Theist, but sticks up for christendom when due.

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

Hey I'd go to a "black" church.

With 8 years of boring meetings, hot assemblies, nosy people. I deserve some fun.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I went to a "black" church this morning

Yes, they are some great people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit