MEMORIAL blood drive

by Anni 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Anni
    Anni

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, a 38 year old X jw, raised in and I and left it as a teen. I want to start a new way to celebrate the 'Memorial'- by donating blood. This year the JWs will celebrate the Memorial on April 12, and I paln to mark the day by donating a pint of whole blood to my local blood bank. I encourage everyone to join me as an act of generosity and love of our fellow man and as an act of protest to the WTS blood policy. I am in the Minneapolis / Sait Paul area, and if anyone would care to join me I would be delighted. If I can organize a group of us to donate together as an act I can get media coverage. Anyone up to celebrate the 'Memorial' with me by saving a few lives? If you in the Minneapolis Saint Paul area so Email me at [email protected]

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

anni,

welcome to the board.

What a fine idea. ApsostaMemorial. The difference would be we will celebrate the saving of lives, while the meager 0.001% of them will be celebrating the death of billions of people.

steve

• sassycat
    sassycat

that's awesome. thanks for posting the idea, and actually reminding me that it's time for me to donate blood AGAIN. i just started doing it last year and have never felt better about possibly saving lives.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Anni.

Cellist

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Welcome!

I too am a new poster here! It's amazing how many new ones come on everyday!

-Lady Liberty

• Anni
    Anni

Thanks Steve, I first donated blood about 3 months ago, and the blood bank later sent me a blood donation card that I proudly carry. Ironicly my blood type is B Positive, so now I have this wonderful life afirming blood card to replace the dreadful card I was force to carry as a child- and it has the message 'B Positive' printed in bold letters. To me as an artist it is a sign to "Be Postitive"- That what I am doing as a blood donor is a very positive thing. The first time I donated I did feel some pangs of guilt and anxiety- after all these years the WTS crap still festers somewhere within me. But I will fight it and look forward to going to my blood bank at sunset to celebrate The Memorial this year! Anni

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Welcome anni and lady liberty!!

I'm in the nursing profession, so I know how greatly appreciated the blood is!! It'll be time for me to donate, too. So I believe I'll take you up on that challenge!

shelley

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I only gave blood one many years ago. The only thing I remember is that it hurt like hell!

I think it's time to try it again. I've heard that they've gotten better with the pain thing.

Gonna make up a tee-shirt when I go in.

alt

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Hey sounds like a good idea Its fun to do all the stuff that you were supposed to do...I hope I don't feel 'guilty' when I go if I don't that means the their influence is wearing off right?? Hey, IBAT do you know others in may family or yours that would go?? We good do it on the same day....Do, you still get a cookie I heard you do and I like cookies!!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Hey Beautiful - I'd better be careful how I phrase things now. No offense to your other.

I havne't talked to anyone else on this but since the bank,.. the blood bank is just down the road from me I'll check out the requirements for group attendees. I'll post the info when I get it.

I think I know you though a very good friend. Did we attend your wedding reception?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit