Comments You Will Not Hear at the March 19, 2006 WT Study (ADMINISTRATION)

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks Blondie!

Don't you wonder what spin the WTBTS will put on it when NO ONE partakes of the emblems any more?

Surely that has to be an inevitability, in time. As a hundred years from 1914 comes and goes, and the WTBTS members begin to shrink. Then, virtually no one, finally NO ONE at all takes the emblems. Then! What still no Armageddon! Still NO ADMINISTRATION UNDER GOD'S RULE!

Craziness!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would like to repeat, for emphasis, the yeartext, "Obey God as ruler rather than imperfect men" or something like that. Do even faithful JW's want to continue to worship the Watchtower leadership as if they are gods? It's high time they took up reading the bible straight, like a fine malt scotch.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Jehovah did not create the earth as a testing ground to enlarge his family of

spirit sons in heaven, as taught by MANY churches

Other than the Mormons (LDS), what other churches teach this?

My first thought was the same, Blondie.

I'd sure be interested in the answer.

Ya know, if the question can't be answered, then the WTS are lying!!!!! Shock, horror!! Surely not!

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Sick of Lies.

My favorite time of the week!

It is not always easy to read the articles but knowing someone looks forward to the review makes the effort worthwhile.

Very inventive, sf.

Yes, the WTS said that if the money ran out they know they no longer had God’s backing. I wonder what they think as they downsize and sell off properties. If makes me think of their prediction about other religions, with the waters drying up?

Hey jgnat,

Is it my imagination, or is their language getting stronger? Those numbers just aren't going down fast enough.

They have had stronger articles outlining how a person knows they are anointed and who would likely not be anointed.

*** w03 2/15 p. 19 What Does the Lord’s Evening Meal Mean to You? ***

True Christians in the first century were anointed by holy spirit. Many (

but not all ) of them were able to use one or more of the miraculous gifts of the spirit,

such as speaking in tongues. Therefore, it would not have been difficult for such individuals to know that they were spirit-anointed and should partake of the Memorial emblems.

Anointed Christians are absolutely sure that they have the heavenly calling. (and if the elders will make sure by ‘grilling’ them about why they partook)

God would not look with favor upon anyone representing himself as a person called to be a heavenly king and priest when he knew that he really did not have such a calling.
    Jehovah executed the Levite Korah for presumptuously seeking the Aaronic priesthood

Why might some mistakenly assume that they have the heavenly calling? The death of a mate or some other tragedy might cause them to

lose interest in life on earth .
    Or they might desire the same destiny as a close friend who professes to be an anointed Christian. Of course, God has not assigned anyone to recruit others for this privilege. And he does not anoint Kingdom heirs by causing them to hear voic es with messages to that effect.

The false religious idea that all good people go to heaven might lead some to think that they have the heavenly calling. Hence, we need to guard against being swayed by past wrong views or other factors. For instance, some might ask themselves: ‘ Do I use medications that affect my emotions

? Am I inclined to have deep emotions that I could misjudge ?’

A few might ask themselves: ‘ Do I want to be prominent

? Am I ambitious for authority now or as a future joint heir with Christ?’ When Kingdom heirs were called in the first century, not all of them had responsible positions in the congregation

Some may have concluded that they have the heavenly calling because they have acquired considerable Bible knowledge

. But spirit anointing does not bring extraordinary understanding, for Paul had to instruct and counsel certain anointed ones.

Hi colleg7egurl,

My parents usually ask me every Sat. night if I've looked over the watchtower for tomorrw, and after reading your reviews I can always say yes,

So you are baptized and over 18 and your parents ask if you have "looked over" the watchtower? Sorry, but all I could think was if they asked you if you flushed when they saw you come out of the bathroom.

Yes, every word of the WT article is in each review, so you have answered truthfully.

I’m glad it is a help.

Greetings merry,

I can't help but wonder just how close-knit the anointed are...

Actually, the largest group of ‘anointed’ JWs in one location are at Bethel, including the GB. They know of each other and are fairly close compared to the non-anointed simply because of their once a year singled out status. As you get to congregations outside the Bethel circle, they are somewhat isolated. I noticed that in my last circuit that they all seemed to know who partook (good grapevine material after each memorial) and sought each other out at assemblies and conventions. Of course, any women are not noticed much. Imagine that some are 86, born in 1920, and baptized at 12 in 1932. The majority of the JWs then were anointed and they met together at one convention each year usually just 50,000 or so. As their numbers went down, they would have kept those contacts over the years. Many ‘anointed’ JWs do see themselves apart from other sheep. Well, I hope that wasn’t too disjointed. But it is not due to any superior Christian love that they are close-knit….more like an exclusive clique.

Don’t be sad, uninformed,

this is our first memorial away and I am really sad.

Remember being away from the memorial is not being away from Christ. He said wherever 2 or more or more of his followers gathered, there he would be. Leaving the WTS is not leaving Christ. I sent you a pm too.

Thanks, rocketman,

Long time no see.

over the years such visitors to the Memorial were often criticized in conversations between fellow jws, being referred to in derogatory terms because they attended only one meeting per year.

I have to say I was guilty of that. I saw people who had been part of the ‘ruling families’ of the congregation who came once a year for over 30 years and never attended anything else. People would fall over them, practically kissing their ring. Then I saw the sister with 3 children under 7 and no JW husband struggling who came to almost every meeting, ignored by the elders with their once a year gladhanding. I no longer attend (4 years) but just a start.

Searcher, good question.
    I seem to remember Jesus said "do this in remembrance of me until I return", I thought he 'returned' in 1914.

It all depends on how the word ‘return’ is defined by the WTS Actually the NWT translates that word "arrives" at 1 Cor. 11:26 "until he arrives" said by Paul The WTS means when Christ returns with the angels to separate the sheep and the goats shortly after the GT starts (new light). They say that at that time the marriage of the Lamb will take place. That seems to imply that all the anointed will be in heaven. But the WTS hasn’t cleared up their timeline totally.Their comments are somewhat vague and ambiguous.

*** w04 3/15 p. 7 The Lord’s Evening Meal—How Observed? ***
    Anointed Christians would commemorate Christ’s death "until he arrives." This observance would continue until Jesus’ arrival to receive his anointed followers into heaven by a resurrection to spirit life during his "presence." (1 Thessalonians 4:14-17)

According to the WTS, that started in 1918 and continues as each individual one dies…..but how would they know when the last one died since even the WTS recognizes that not all that partake are "genuine"?

Hey, scout575, you may no longer accept the Bible, but you are still a JW at heart…but then the WTS doesn’t go by the scriptures but by their interpretation of them.

I might point out some cases where the WTS has flipped then flopped back

1. Superior authorities—secular governments
    1. Superior authorities—God and Jesus

1962-now Superior authorities—secular governments

I wonder why the holy spirit didn’t help them to understand that subjection was "relative" in 1929?

Until 1967 Organ transplants—personal decision—conscience

1967-1980 Organ transplants—disfellowshipping offense

1980-now Organ transplants—personal decision

Will the people of Sodom and Gomorrah be resurrected?

http://www.cftf.com/comments/blinking.html

And that is not all of them.

Hi, Gill

Don't you wonder what spin the WTBTS will put on it when NO ONE partakes of the emblems any more?

Actually, I think the WTS is more concerned that the time won’t come when no one partakes any more because the start of the GT is tied to the marriage of the Lamb which implies that all the anointed have to be heaven. Can you imagine not being their for their own wedding. But they have that covered having had comments about "real" or "genuine" anointed.

Hi again, jgnat

Do even faithful JW's want to continue to worship the Watchtower leadership as if they are gods

JWs might argue that they don’t do this but when they have a question as to doctrine or policy, they don’t run to their Bible but to an elder and maybe the publications. They see them as having the control over their lives, current and future, not God. They are only concerned what humans might see them doing not God.

Yes, ozziepost, I thought that was a strange comment to make even from my long years (50) of attending meetings. I wonder who else the mean other than the LDS or independent local group.

Jehovah did not create the earth as a testing ground to enlarge his family of
    spirit sons in heaven, as taught by MANY churches

Other than the Mormons (LDS), what other churches teach this?

Good comments everyone, Blondie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think the Congo found it hard going today....zzzzzzz!What with the Apostle Paul's legalese way of writing and the WT article . they seemed to give up.

BTW . When I was a dub I used to use Eph 1 to refer to the coming kingdom administration . The article refers to a Greek word but does not tell you that it is oikonomia , which does indeed refer to household management. If I were still doing all that, I would have learned something new..

• xjwms
    xjwms

Blondie

By far you are the best...................I look forward to these reviews, ..(like a religion)

How can they take a word like adminstration and twist and turn and make it work for themselves just blows my mind.

Today was the first time I could get to the office, .. as since friday I was sick, .. bad with gut aches oh well (feeling better now)

Havagreatsunday

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    Actually, the largest group of ‘anointed’ JWs in one location are at Bethel, including the GB. They know of each other and are fairly close compared to the non-anointed simply because of their once a year singled out status. As you get to congregations outside the Bethel circle, they are somewhat isolated. I noticed that in my last circuit that they all seemed to know who partook (good grapevine material after each memorial) and sought each other out at assemblies and conventions. Of course, any women are not noticed much. Imagine that some are 86, born in 1920, and baptized at 12 in 1932. The majority of the JWs then were anointed and they met together at one convention each year usually just 50,000 or so. As their numbers went down, they would have kept those contacts over the years. Many ‘anointed’ JWs do see themselves apart from other sheep. Well, I hope that wasn’t too disjointed. But it is not due to any superior Christian love that they are close-knit….more like an exclusive clique.

Thanks, Blondie. That was quite interesting, and I learned something new. We never had an anointed person in the Hall where I grew up, so I was always curious.

~Merry

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

John Barr - 92

Carey Barber - 100

I still think when these two die it will create a phsycological issue - no GB member born on or before 1914

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

Thanks again Blondie for another, great review!! I look so forward to these each week. Thank you again!

Hawkeye

• scout575
    scout575

Blondie: Thanks for your reply. You say: "I wonder why the holy spirit didn't help them to understand that subjection was realtive in 1929?" My answer would be the same answer that I would give to the following questions: "I wonder why Jesus said: "There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom" ( Matt 16:28 )?" "I wonder why Jesus said: "Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come." ( Matt 10:23 )?" "I wonder why Jesus said: "Behold I come quickly." ( Rev 22:7 )?" "I wonder why the apostle Peter said: "The end of all things is at hand." ( 1 Peter 4:7 )?"

The answer that I wouuld give to your question, and to my questions would be: Maybe ALL people who have ever claimed to be helped by the so-called 'spirit of god', were all as mistaken as eachother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit