THERE ARE differences between 2003 WBTCD and 2005 WBTCD

by KW13 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Looking at your images and then doing the same comparison with my WTLIB copies, there is a 1914 reference missing from the 2005 version that was in the 2003 version.

The missing reference is:

look out for 1914: jv 60

'jv' is the book 'Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom'. Published in 1993.

The reference says, in part:

'Meanwhile, what about October 1914? For decades Russell and his associates had been proclaiming that the Gentile Times would end in 1914. Expectations were high. C. T. Russell had been critical of those who had set various dates for the Lord’s return, such as William Miller and some Second Adventist groups. Yet, from the time of his early association with Nelson Barbour, he was convinced that there was an accurate chronology, based on the Bible, and that it pointed to 1914 as the end of the Gentile Times.'

I don't know if it's important or not?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I just checked and it seems to be in the 2005 CD ROM. And I checked it against the hard copy of the text. Am I missing something?

• dmouse
    dmouse

The text is there, just not the reference to it in the particular search window kw13 used.

• KW13
    KW13

Why did they remove the reference to it from the index book?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I have previously examined the content of the 2 CDs with a Hex editor. It appears that a different form of encryption is used on the PUB files in each release, because the binary data changes radically even for publications in which there are no differences, or only very minor ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit