I thought today was a good day....

by collegegirl21 15 Replies latest jw friends

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

So I wake up feeling alright, I have to unbraid my hair (which will take well into the night time) and so I come downstairs, turn on the computer and chat and unbraid my hair, thinking, this is a good day. Low and behold my mother comes down... "Sh*****, I need the computer." "Ok, Mom..." I put an away message on my AIM and then when she sits down, "I don't want you talking on that thing, Jehovah wouldn't like that." I sit there biting my tongue, still unbraiding my hair. Then I ask, "Will you help me unbraid my hair? I won't be done until like midnight without your help."
    "No, I'm not going to help you with that. I don't have time for this. You don't serve Jehovah, you sit down here all day, you don't help with housework." Enough of biting my tongue.
    "Mom, who helped you paint yesterday? Helped you hang up your pictures, helped print off pictures from our trip to Memphis,who made my brothers dinner? Who vacuumed my room and help you look for pants for L***** (my brother)? Now last time I checked that stuff just doesn't get done on its own." (I know, respect your elders)
    "Listen, I don't have time to do this (as opposed to your f** a** sleeping all day). Jehovah isn't happy with you and you don't do anything. You've put on weight (she's talking about my weight!?! I am 5'2 125lbs) and it seems like you just dont - wait, I don't want to say anything I will regret for the rest of my life."
    At this point I'm in tears because she is giving me that look. I cannot take it anymore. I'm seeing a psychologist and they aren't helping, they are just telling me to stick with it. I hate them asking, "Well how does that make you feel?" Like I want to sock you one right in the kisser - that's how I really feel.
    I'm sorry to vent again, I'm losing my cool and my patience with her!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Breath Count 1.... 2.... 3.... 4.... 5.... 6.... 7.... 8.... 9.... 10

Breath Repeat.

• Emma
    Emma
    "Well how does that make you feel?"

I told a therapist if I ever heard that from her, it would be the last time she saw me! I think you need someone new to talk to; is that a possibility?

Sounds difficult at home. It won't last forever.

• luna2
    luna2

Its tough, isn't it? I can only take a few hours of my parents at a time even now...and they aren't JW's, they're just naturally annoying.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You don't serve Jehovah The Watchtower Cult
    Jehovah The Watchtower Cult isn't happy with you

Funny how they can't tell the difference between Jehovah and the Watchtower cult.

W

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

i love how your mom has direct contact with Jehobar. "jehovah isn't happy with you!"

she should go work for bethel

just count down the days till you're done with school and you can be independent...

• evita
    evita

This is a very hard situation. I was there at your age and decided to move away from home at that point. Yes, it has a lot to do with the JW's but it is also very common growth situation. Even though you are in college, you need to move away. You feel the tug and pull of the seperation process as does your mom. It's very natural but made more difficult by the witness stuff.
    Keep moving towards independence... it will get better.
    Eva

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Thanks for your replies - I am actually thinking about joining the Air Force, I know its a different decision, but it will discipline me and I will not have to use my parents car anymore and it will get me away for awhile. How I will explain this to my parents - I'm not sure yet. But I will figure out something. I just cannot take being put down all the time. When I talk to my mom sometimes I leave our conversations feeling like I'm not worth anything and I know that I am, she just has that affect on me. So I just need to get away for now and hope that in the future things will be ok.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Why is this post on my post? I didn't piss anyone off - why is it on almost everyone's post?

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Ignore the trolls

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit