Toxic substances in our food

by greendawn 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    I even gave up deoderant for a year..........but went back on it for obvious reasons.

I'm proud to say my boyfriend does not wear deodarant and yet I have never had any complaints. He told me deodarant is linked to alzheimers b/c of the aluminum.

Both him and my parents are health junkies and I have just started getting into it recently. Other things he told me:

-Microwaves are BAD BAD BAD. (they nuke your food people-what else is there more to say)

-Cell phone radiation is a NO NO. earsets are best.

-Look for CERTIFIED ORGANIC FOODS (Anything you can't pronounce on the label is BAD BAD BAD for you) That includes High Fructose Syrup, carbonated sugar, Color dyes and so on. They even have organic soda which I absolutely love!!)

-If you're gonna eat fast food avoid McDonalds and cheap Chicken joints. (It may smell, tase and feel like a chicken but I'm sorry my friend but it may just well be a chemically altered, hormone injected pice of meat you are eating instead buddy!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I try to stay with a Raw Food diet...it's kind of hard...but I can tell a big difference in the way I feel. Everything tastes so much better after a few days...it's like it wakes your taste buds up!

I grew up on a farm and we raised all our own produce and it always tastes soooo good!!! It's hard to eat some of the store bought produce!

Swalker

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    -Microwaves are BAD BAD BAD. (they nuke your food people-what else is there more to say)

Actually they transmit an electro-magnetic wave that vibrates asymmetrical molecules (mainly water) in food, and that produces the heat. No "nuking" involved.

I suppose if you live in some Cambodian village and have to go to market every day to buy your food fresh because you have no storage technology available, then go without a microwave. I can only shop once a fortnight, so I have to use a microwave and a freezer - I'm twice as old as you, and older than a lot of people in cultures that subsist on "natural" diets.

(Anything you can't pronounce on the label is BAD BAD BAD for you)
    I pride myself on being able to pronounce anything on a label. Is there any hope for us smarties?
  • osmosis
    osmosis

StillAWitness: a lot of what your boyfriend said is superstitious mumbo jumbo. Don't be fooled!

There's nothing wrong with microwave ovens. It's not like the microwaves "stick around" and get transmitted to you or anything, they simply vibrate the atoms of your food and make it hot. As soon as the oven turns off, the waves completely disappear. There are no known health risks.

There's nothing wrong with cell phone radiation. While it is close to your brain, it is not the kind of ionizing radiation that could dislodge an electron, and cause it to go searching for another atom to attach to, thus shredding DNA, thus causing cancer. That is a total myth. If there was a health risk with using cell phones, we'd know by now, and there simply isn't.

An interesting thing about organic food is that if we used only organic methods, we could only feed 1/2 to 2/3 of the world's population. Even the "organic" food has been genetically modified through selective breeding. Without technology, there is no food, period. And only in certain parts of the world do we have the luxury of being picky about what kind of food we eat.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    An interesting thing about organic food is that if we used only organic methods, we could only feed 1/2 to 2/3 of the world's population.

It's been estimated that to replace modern intensive farming with "organic" methods, in order to feed the current population, pretty well ALL of the planet would need to be deforested. It is a testimony to modern progress that while the population doubled from 3bn to 6bn, only the same amount of land under cultivation was needed to feed the new arrivals, while at the same time, calories produced per person per day increased.

And only in certain parts of the world do we have the luxury of being picky about what kind of food we eat

Interestingly the organic lobby wants to remove that choice and make us all eat "organic" food. Which is strange, because as a carbon-based life-form, I can assure them that ALL my food is organic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit