Re-instatement - How long ex - elders?

by CaptK 16 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptK
    CaptK

I am a white male and was D'Fed in late 2000. I started attending the Sunday talk and WT for the last two years. My old congregation was merged into a new congregation following the years that I was gone (downsizing yes) with now all the elders are another race than myself. I wrote a re-instatement letter in mid Dec...which the elders never answered till mid Jan... For a committee hearing. There one elder asks if I could attend more meetings which I had to re-adjust my schedule. Another elder made a false acquisition that I was running around with pimps which was a lie and he started to shout a lot of nonsenscence at the meeting ( How could you give up everlasting life/ what were you thinking / how was the experience/ on-and on ) I sat there like Job against the three contenders quite and to myself. I do not know if he expected me to get all riled up and start shouting back at him or not. So I am in the process of spending time and money on another letter for re-instatement. How many letters, meetings, and time does it take to get re-instated? I was only D'Fed once. Also would race play a factor or position in the community for a favorable hearing? I mean 5 yrs ? Do they want me back or no go somewhere else? Any answers would be greatly appreciated

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

How many letters, meetings, and time does it take ;to get re-instated? I was only ;D'Fed once. Also would race play a factor or position in the community for a favorable hearing? ; I mean 5 yrs ? Do they want me back or no go somewhere else? Any answers would be greatly appreciated ; ;

There are many variables...i was an elder and we made it priority to help these ones but it all depends on the characters/personalities of the the elders.

How to get reinstated:

Don't miss meetings. If you do, call them and tell them you won't be able to attend (don't give reasons why).

Ask the P.O. kindly how the process is coming along.

If you feel it is taking to long or the process is too long, SPEAK TO THE C.O., he will more than likely pimp slap 'em for not taking care of you unless they have good reason why but they will need to give a valid response to the C.O.

Keep logs of your attendance to meetings, of the times you have spoken to the elders about it and any meetings - then show this to the C.O. - A C.O. i knew asked us elders to keep information like that on hand.

hope that helps

x Elder and x Bethelite = Current Fader

peace

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi CaptK, What would they have to do for you to get the feeling they don't WANT you back?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Sorry, but if someone treated me that disrespectfully and unlovingly, I would NOT be kissing their butt and asking how I can be let back in for more! Do you think Jesus treated sincere people this way? I can see why they have downsized.

• Sheri
    Sheri

Do you believe if you are not a JW in good standing that you will die at Armageddon? Is that why you are going through all this nonsense? If I was you I would start a personal study of the bible and the society. Have your read Crisis of Conscience? There are many good websites to learn real history and get answers to your religious questions. I am still doing a personal study to validate or throw out all that I thought I knew what the Bible said per the Watchtower, it is truly an amazing journey.

If you have family and friends that shun you believe me there are many good people out there in the world and will accept you without strings attached. Remember Jesus did not come to condemn the world he came to save it, so dont let them brainwash you into thinking you are dead already if not a "JW"! This is between you and your God.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There is no excuse if you are doing nothing wrong and have been going to meetings wh yyou should not be immediately re-instated. If it is racial name the bastards and I will personally write to the Society - if racial the elders on the committee should be disfellowshipped

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

6 months maximum

• Honesty
    Honesty

Please take 10 steps back and with an open mind read the following:

I am a white male and was D'Fed in late 2000. I started attending the Sunday talk and WT for the last two years. My old congregation was merged into a new congregation following the years that I was gone (downsizing yes) with now all the elders are another race than myself. I wrote a re-instatement letter in mid Dec...which the elders never answered till mid Jan... For a committee hearing. There one elder asks if I could attend more meetings which I had to re-adjust my schedule. Another elder made a false acquisition that I was running around with pimps which was a lie and he started to shout a lot of nonsenscence at the meeting ( How could you give up everlasting life/ what were you thinking / how was the experience/ on-and on ) I sat there like Job against the three contenders quite and to myself. I do not know if he expected me to get all riled up and start shouting back at him or not. So I am in the process of spending time and money on another letter for re-instatement. How many letters, meetings, and time does it take to get re-instated? I was only D'Fed once. Also would race play a factor or position in the community for a favorable hearing? I mean 5 yrs ? Do they want me back or no go somewhere else? Any answers would be greatly appreciated

There is something terribly wrong with the group you are trying to re-assimilate into. Have you really examined Jesus' teachings and compared them to what this group is doing to you? Here are a few scriptures that may help you understand how you are being abused by these people:

All the tax collectors and sinners were approaching to listen to Him. And the Pharisees and scribes were complaining, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them!”

So He told them this parable:

“What man among you, who has 100 sheep and loses one of them, does not leave the 99 in the open field and go after the lost one until he finds it? When he has found it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and coming home, he calls his friends and neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my lost sheep!’ I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance.

“Or what woman who has 10 silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it?

When she finds it, she calls her women friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found the silver coin I lost!’ I tell you, in the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels over one sinner who repents.”

He also said: “A man had two sons.

The younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of the estate I have coming to me.’ So he distributed the assets to them. Not many days later, the younger son gathered together all he had and traveled to a distant country, where he squandered his estate in foolish living. After he had spent everything, a severe famine struck that country, and he had nothing. Then he went to work for one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. He longed to eat his fill from the carob pods the pigs were eating, but no one would give him any. When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired hands have more than enough food, and here I am dying of hunger! I’ll get up, go to my father, and say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight. I’m no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired hands.’ So he got up and went to his father. But while the son was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion. He ran, threw his arms around his neck, and kissed him. The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight. I’m no longer worthy to be called your son.’

“But the father told his slaves, ‘Quick! Bring out the best robe and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.

Then bring the fattened calf and slaughter it, and let’s celebrate with a feast, because this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found!’ So they began to celebrate.

“Now his older son was in the field; as he came near the house, he heard music and dancing.

So he summoned one of the servants and asked what these things meant. ‘Your brother is here,’ he told him, ‘and your father has slaughtered the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

“Then he became angry and didn’t want to go in. So his father came out and pleaded with him.

But he replied to his father, ‘Look, I have been slaving many years for you, and I have never disobeyed your orders, yet you never gave me a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your assets with prostitutes, you slaughtered the fattened calf for him.’

‘Son,’ he said to him, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.

But we had to celebrate and rejoice, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’

Luke 15:1-32

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

It depends on the elders and situation. Last meeting we had at the circuit level in may the DO chided us for reinstatements or considering of 6 months or sooner. Esp if it was a spouse leaving for another in the congo. He stated years might have to go by to live that one down.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Why do you want to be reinstated?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit