Good Friend is dying

by pratt1 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

So sorry about your friend's illness, pratt. I'm glad, though, that you were notified in time to see him again.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Greendawn...my brother lives in LA and he had no medical insurance.

He got something called a 'Smokers vein " in his leg. That meant it just closed down and the blood supply was cut off to his toe. It got infected and they had to put him in the hospital.

They operated on the leg vein..(Moved one from another part of his body to his leg) and cut off his toe.

His bill was over $100,000.

All they have done is send him a bill once in a while.

I would imagine if they wanted to they could get a judgement against him and force him to pay..but that is hard to enforce also.

Used to here in Missouri we had a 'State Hospital". It was tough but at least it was something. I visited people there before and they had no screens on the windows and no air conditioning.

It has since been torn down.

State hospitals were usually for those without insurance. I don't think we have any now..hospitals want to make a buck too...

Snoozy...

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Pratt..I want to give you a big hug for being so caring!

I'm so sorry your old friend is dying..

Let us know how it goes..

Snoozy

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((pratt1)))) I'm so sad to read your news. I am happy for you and both of your friends that you will be able to be reunited before the cancer victim succumbs. I just lost a dear, dear friend to melanoma and now my brother has a mass in his colon that needs investigating. It's plenty sad and scary. I wish your friend peace and to be surrounded by love as he passes. I believe the soul lives on and that he will be pain-free soon. Ask his angels to help him in his final hours. This sounds very dire. Let your heart lead...

• lilybird
    lilybird

Im sorry to hear about your friend.. He will appreciate that you still cared enough about him to see him before he passes...

• Poodles
    Poodles

Dear Pratt1

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your friend!! My prayers and thoughts are with him!! You are a very good friend to have!!

• lola28
    lola28

Pratt, I am so sorry to hear this .

lola

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Tough news Pratt..

it sure does not work out as it is supposed to. These people are victims . Victims of a false prophet who misdirected them , other wise they may have taken the insurance

You are doing a good thing to visit.

• evita
    evita

So sorry to hear of your friend's illness. He's lucky to have you for a friend. I'm sure seeing you before he dies will mean so much to him.
    Thinking of you,
    Eva

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I am sorry about your friends illness. Good luck in seeing him today. He has a great friend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit