Floppy 2005 WT Bound Volume

by stillajwexelder 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I thought they announced a while back that they were not going to print bound volumes anymore?

That may have been an apostate myth. Though they will have to do something about there only being 12 Awake! magazines in a year.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The rumor I heard is there will be one composite bound volume per year of WT and reduced Awake under the same cover (paper/plastic)

• VM44
    VM44

Nathan Knorr would have a fit over the Society publishing paperback books! --VM44

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In addition to saving money, these books will have a shorter shelf life. They won't last as long, so there will be fewer in existence in 20 years, making it harder for their members to discover their lies.

W

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's the new pulp fiction, kingdom pulp.

S

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The publications - ESPECIALLY the bible, used to be a proud point for me. I have to admit that the pubs for the most part looked really good. All that has changed. The pubs look like books you'd find at the drugstore checkout, and the NWT is crap now.

...although, a fluffy looking NWT (after being well-used by a JW) might be amusing to see.

• startingover
    startingover

I just saw this new soft covered too. My fathers has a collection of bound volumes going back forever, and this one was just sitting out like it had no home. I can imagine for old timers this change is going to be a little upsetting. I also looked at the new book from this years DC, looked like a Readers Digest.

• garybuss
    garybuss

At least the bound volumes and the information inside match . . . neither will stand up on it's own.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Brilliant , as ever Garybus.

They do take up less shelf room though. And being more floppy. I think it will be easier to scan and post things on the web, should I wish to do so.

• blondie
    blondie
    My fathers has a collection of bound volumes going back forever, and this one was just sitting out like it had no home. I can imagine for old timers this change is going to be a little upsetting.

Nothing is stopping them from getting it hard-covered themselves. My family has those holders for loose copies through the 40's and the 50's. Couldn't afford the bound versions.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit